42

"What did they do?"

Shrugging at the questions that disturb the peaceful silence that filled the office for a moment, the young woman tin figure was totally concentrated on the view for a good amount of time before she acknowledged her company again speaking lowly, Mayer had to be seriously alerted to hear her answer.

"The tried to kill her... We had some hard time but everything is okay now... I count on your discretion with what I'm telling you I don't want it out... But after thinking about it I don't want you there too... It's risky, they can tried it on you."

Suprised at the young woman consideration for her wellbeing Mayer walked near her to just stand there near her, that explained why she lost weight and looked like she did not sleep well lately.

" I'm sorry, I didn't knew, I will have visited." Feeling sorry for her family she touched her back for a moment then let go feeling like she was one to like physical contact.

"I know." Just two words and they stood there silently thinking then Ameril turned her front to the older woman tan skin in her business mode her face harden by her hard thinking. She reminded her of Ariana always  dressed to impress, but she knew it was just a cover.

"I came here to find a solution but I just found that it wasn't one, you're important to your family too. We will just wait for now. If the country needs a board it will have one but will respect our conditions, can you do something for me?"

Nodding Mayer smirked at the mischievous smile Ameril had on.

"We can create another League only with the one who wants to affiliate. Salton by itself can decide to create it's own board." Under Mayer gaze the two women sat back on their previous places.

"You have connections in there, the one that want to come are more than welcome but I request you to tell them they can make their own board with their sect members. I know your family was a part of that board throughout generations but I'm offering you an occasion to be the head of the board we will create."

Straightening at what she said Mayer wanted to speak but Ameril hand shushed her to elaborate.

"Wait, before you say something think about it. A new coalition, new conditions two years as the leader, it will boost your popularity you will have a lot of benefits from our transaction. Again there is others options but I want you no one else."

Astonished by what was happening, Mayer shook her head looking at the mature brunette before her as if she was a ghost. She acted like she was speaking about a simple coffee that she wanted to buy, the thing with it was that she knew that she could do whatever she had in mind, Salton industry was that powerful, she was Salton industry apparently with her wife convalescent.

She could be the one leading the board it could make her famous in more than a way but she did everything she could not to be seen.

"I, hmm, it's really interesting but you could do it yourself. You clearly have the power, you know it you can make the rain or the sun with the power you have... Why not?"

A small smile on Ameril shook her head rolling her eyes in the process, by that point Mayer knew it meant she was dismissing the answer like non relevant in her head.

"No everything is about power or yes it is... But in the case I want to be sure Ariana will still have it when she will be up. I want her to do have what she wants, if it is not with the actual board then I will create another that will do the same thing, they want her for a reason, they will have to do with her condition. But... I need to know if you're interested."

Sceptically, Mayer contemplated the offer, she has wanted it all her life, to be given it to her just like that was overwhelming. She knew it could boost her business in the best way, pensive she met the young business woman eyes a but envious of the way she always put Ariana Salton first in all her decision.