35

"It's up to you, I don't know... maybe the next holidays!?" Taking a quick look to the children playing down on the pool Ameril took a sip of her juice then stared back at her mother.

She took the week off to be with her since it was her birthday, she invited Ariana who couldn't make it due to an emergency in Salton's base in different towns, apparently the racial manifestations around the country affected the industry, they have to put protection all around the building to not allow some of the furious crowd to access and damage them. There were people who disrupted the message of the manifestation making it impossible to see who was good or bad.

"I do want to meet the woman who make you so happy. I'm not getting any younger."
Shaking her head Ameril emitted a small laugh pushing away the unreasonable fear she felt since she woke up.

"Stop talking like that, you will live much more longer I don't want to hear that"

Staring her intently in a stern but affectionate way she was going to approved to the nod her mother was doing when a sound she recognized made her looked up to see an helicopter with Salton colors coming towards the house specifically toward the center of the garden.

A rush of adrenaline clouded her heart in a way that immediately made her stand up fear washing over her, coldness spreading all over her body she knew that it had to be important if they came by air.

Her heart in her stomach she could feel all over again the bad vibes that refused to live her since the moment she woke up, it was like she had lost a part of her, like it was being forced out of her, making her unsteady.

Ariana face vividly appeared in her mind making her panicked for real when she thought that she wasn't available everytime she tried to reach her. Meeting her mother gaze shook out of her daze seeing that she reflect the same confusion on her face.

Without further comments she picked her phone eyes focused on the engine tightening her jaws to not cry, she started walking calmly toward the strangers that exit it doing all she could to not alert the kids her mother behind her.

"What could it be?"

The question filled the silence that was left in the garden only disturb by the sound of the birds playing around or bickering to one another the view would have please the young woman in other circumstances if it wasn't that huge cloud that darkened her soul in a total opposition to the beautifulness of the day making sorrow gripped her mind with every step she took toward the man, one of them she recognized to be in the medical staff of Salton group.

Like they were coming from another world totally out of the character of the calm vibe her body was showing, frightened eyes stared at the older woman who took her hand in hers reassuringly even though her own heart ached at the sight of her before her she never saw her daughter this afraid.

Neverminding the lack of response she was met with, they continued to walk soon joined by Alec and Maxwell both as surprised to the use of transportation. They all knew Mrs Salton have her their space never stepping out of the boundaries.

"Will you keep the children in the back please? I don't want them anywhere near the front." Still walking Ameril addressed Alec knowing he could entertained them for a while, with a nod he walked out to the backyard while the three others exited by the front almost running.

"What's up Scott?" Directly addressing her security chief as soon as she was in a hearing distance Ameril who was good at reading people didn't have to wait the answer, the man body language said it all.

Closing her eyes to hide her hurt she let go of her mother hand. Not waiting for him to voice the answer.

she started running toward the engine her heart down immediately making a sign to the pilot to take off, Scott just had the time to shake his head to his boss family to confirm theirs silent questions before entering the helicopter in time some of the members of the team couldn't follow them.

Powerless Greta stood there silently praying that nothing happened to the woman who has her daughter heart in all the way possible she had learn. She knew that if something was to happen  she will take her child to the grave with her because it was insane the way she love her. They all witnessed what happened when they were appart, holding herself like she felt cold her two hands hugging her torso, Greta met her son gaze which reflected the same emotions.

"You think she will be alright?" More to reassure himself than something else, Maxwell want to hear it from his mother for she always provide them a sense of security when tough situation appear but this time the woman fell powerless. Closing her eyes tightly she opened them a solid two minutes after releasing a shaky breath.

"I hope so Max, yeah my love, I really do." Bitting his lower lips afraid he had to admit with his mother answer for the first time in his life, he breathed out putting his hands in his pocket unable to guess the way his sister felt at the very moment.

Looking up at the sky he prayed sharing his mother fear, he wasn't particularly a fan of Ariana Salton but she made his baby sister the most happy in the world, which made them all happy.  Like a sun she was the rock of their family, he knew that a world were Ariana wasn't, in all the way he could envisaged was dark for all of them.

On the backyard Alec did his best to content the children worries.

"What do Mama's helicopter is doing here?" Knowing his mother said she couldn't come due to her work the young boy asked perplexed his eyes meeting his oncle eyes.

"Maybe she finally came!? Come on I'm going to see." At the same time Avery excitedly say placing her towel around her neck already sauntering toward the steps that gave to the upper part of the garden were her mother was taking coffee with their grandma. Even though she heard the engine going back she had good hope to see her Mama there.

The moment she was about to walked past Alec dodging his attempts to hold her back, the girl was really athletic. She didn't see the other obstacle to her plan, strong hands held her up making her screamed and kicked out of panic just to start laughing when she recognized who it was her uncle Maxwell arms threw her on his shoulder playfully while tickling her just to have the space  filled with her beautiful laugh there were no need to have them freaking out.

"Nope young girl, your Mama didn't came but your mom said she will be back soon, there are things they need her help to handle in the office. See there is no need to worry!"

He started running toward the pool Avery hands beating his back screams filling the backyard as he plunged clothed in the pool.
The others laughing their heads off, finally joining them Greta put cookies on the outside table as well as all the mulberry expensive sugar things she received monthly from Salton farm. As soon as he saw all of it Gavin ran out of the pool excited.

"I can have some Mama G?" Smiling at his innocent eyes she shook her head just happy to have them.

"As much as you want sweetie."

"Yeah!" Jumping at his fate he turned around making signs to his sister while stuffing his mouth with candy.

Under her smile Greta was praying that nothing bad happened, she really wanted to keep seeing that beautiful smile on their faces.