20

"Hello sweetie, how have you been. I didn't hear about you for so long."

what to say in fact she had so much to say to ask but the wall in front of her has doubled size.

"I, huh, did you hear of Jenra."

"What? Jenra how? Isn't she with you?"

Perplexed Ameril thought about the last time she talked to Jenra, the teenager wasn't thrilled to talk at all, she seemed far away, as the time passes theirs phone calls doesn't last long, the longest could be five minutes.

"Yes, she's here." Greta voice full of genuine hesitation worry Ameril who knew that her mother was not telling the truth.

" What is going on? Mom?"

"Maybe I'm overreacting but she's really off."

"Off how?"

"I" taking a deep breath a tear escaped from Greta eyes, she seemed to only do that lately. The turn her family was taking frightened her to no end, first it was Ameril now Jenra.

Her mother shaky voice hurt Ameril but she couldn't do anything for her but tried to solve the problem they have.

"Mom what about Jennifer Mom?"

While wiping her eyes her mother laughed

"You know she will trip you if she hear you calling her like that."

"Yes, right! She's unique."

"Not really baby, she's just like you." Taking a moment to think, Greta felt like it was yesterday Ameril was the same age as her little sister.

" Yes, she really is just like you. I, you should talk to her please. We, she said something like you forgot about her since you got a life for yourself. It wasn't voice like that but yeah." Sniffing Greta felt so down seeing Jenra taking the same road Ameril did.

"Mom! I"

"I, I'm so, hmmm don't worry sweetie. I'm just worry I, I want her to have you at least. You didn't have someone, I, I want my babies to be happy. If you are, out there so am I. It's just that I'm seeing the same pattern in Jenra but add that her grades are falling."

Ameril looked down she knew she couldn't tell her, then decided to push the issue away focusing on her small sister.

"I will Mom, you will not lost her promise."

"Ameril always know that I love you princess. You will always be my baby girl." Silently crying now Ameril, put a hand on her mouth to muffle the sound.

"I know Mom, I love you too. Umm, bye I'll call Jen."

"Bye baby I..."

hearing someone opening the front door Greta wiped her cheeks dry then waited to see the person, Jenra appeared her beautiful face straight when her eyes fell on her mother she did a small smile. Waving she picked up her shoes to go upstairs, but her mother called tapping near her on the couch.

"Baby, Ameril" placing her phone in her hand she left them in an uncomfortable silence. Which was never the case between them.

"Hi Jen, how is my pumpkin?"

"Huh, I'm not a pumpkin anymore!"

"You're mine pumpkin. You didn't answer though. Before you do remember our pinky promise forever."

Sighing Jenra played with the Hem of her shirt, thinking hard her lips pinned in a tight line.

"I, I miss you. A lot." She mumbled in a lower voice.