25: Ace

Ace had never felt so free as he did right now in this moment

Ace had never felt so free as he did right now in this moment. His fingers moved so effortlessly along the six braided strings and his eyes squeezed shut in concentration as he played to his heart's content. The instrument he held was an extension of himself and he knew it forward and backwards., top to bottom.

He lifted his hand and strummed downward creating a devastating earthquake that tore down buildings. This was his comeback show. Spending all that time in the seal, he felt so powerless, but not anymore. He felt on top of the world and nothing could knock him down. 3,000 years of wrongful imprisonment and now he was free to create all the chaos he desired.

The music was deafening, drowning out the terrified screams of the humans. The moment he broke free of the seal, he'd taken it upon himself to kill. The adrenaline coursing through his veins was intense and he'd forgotten what it felt like to slaughter worthless humans.

"Whoo! That's what I call a captive audience!" His raspy voice exclaimed in delight.

The group of villagers tied to the building were in an immense panic as they pleaded for their lives. One of the women, a mother, tried to barter with the demonic man who strummed away on his guitar, but her pleading fell on deaf ears.

"Please, let us go! We'll do anything you want." Tears brimmed her eyes as she tried a final attempt.

The demon stopped, his dark, curly hair falling into his eyes. He sucked his teeth in annoyance. "Ace don't need nothin' from a bunch of humans! Now shut up so I can play! This world will be mine one day and none of you humans deserve to live in it!" He continued to play and created a long, complicated riff.

Ace happily headbanged as he played, sticking his forked tongue out like he was having the time of his life. Music was his escape from the shit world he lived in. He could express everything he felt into what he played.

He'd taken the simple guitar and made it something entirely new with a heavier, more intense sound. There wasn't another guitar in existence that sounded as harsh as his own did, and that was the beauty of Ace. He learned how to create his own sound and use it in a way that suited him and his style.

Each strum added to the quaking earth and Ace let loose, dropping to his knees as his tongue flailed about. Sweat broke out on his forehead as he played so wildly. The building finally crumbled on top of the humans and their screams came to an abrupt halt. The air fell silent as Ace's chest rose and fell. He gazed out at the destruction he'd caused and was so proud of himself, yet that still wasn't enough to quiet the roaring rage burning in his heart. He had such an insatiable hunger to kill. He needed the blood on his hands.

"This next one is called 'A Demon's Love'." Ace bowed his head as he clutched the neck of his guitar tightly. His entire demeanor went dark as he raised his hand into the air and got to his feet. "This one's for my forever girl."

"How about no more songs," a voice said from behind him. He turned around and was shocked to see Medusa standing there.

"And who is this exactly?" Gloxinia whispered to her.