36: Sibling Rivalry

Damn, damn, damn! Zeldris raced to the basement feeling the strong magical power emanating from it

Damn, damn, damn! Zeldris raced to the basement feeling the strong magical power emanating from it. He flung himself around a bend and kicked open the door leading to the dungeon. When he reached the bottom he couldn't believe his eyes.

Medusa was hunched over on the floor pleading for mercy and broken down into sobs. She couldn't hold herself together and it was sickening. This was the true nature of Medusa—a coward who would beg for her life when her death was imminent.

Meanwhile, in the far corner of the room Melascula was petrified by fear as she was held against the wall by her throat. Zeldris's heart pounded in his chest when he saw his brother standing there free of his chains. Meliodas slowly turned around having heard someone enter the room. When his eyes laid on Zeldris, he was nonchalant.

"Hey, bro," he greeted.

"You. You!" Zeldris yelled.

"Yes, me. Isn't it great? I'm already feeling like myself again." Meliodas dropped Melascula and she fell to her knees. She coughed a few times and grit her teeth.

Zeldris couldn't figure out where this increase in power had come from. His brother was a totally different person than he was before. This version of him, however, was familiar. Distantly familiar from a long, long time ago.  Back in his prime when he was the heart of the clan. Though, as far as a new appearance and increase in power went, none of it mattered. Zeldris wasn't threatened by Meliodas no matter what form he took. He'd get taken down all the same. The prince was done playing this game with his older brother and it was time for it all to come to an end.

Zeldris drew his sword without a word. Meliodas arched an eyebrow, anticipating what he would do. Zeldris pointed his sword at Meliodas and a beam of black energy emerged, traveling quickly towards its target. Meliodas was thrown into the wall and he fell onto his butt. He looked up at Zeldris and quickly rose to his feet, dusting himself off. His brother ran towards him and swung his sword and the sound of metal clashing echoed in the dungeon.

The blonde held onto Lost Vayne and didn't emote whatsoever as he kept Zeldris at bay. If his brother wanted a fight, he wasn't going to make it easy. He drew back his weapon and shoved Zeldris in his chest.

Zeldris was pushed back a few feet and he grunted. Meliodas thought he was so strong, yet it had been quite a while since they'd last fought. Meliodas may have changed, but so had he.

"Let's get out of here!" Medusa helped Melascula up only to be struck by a beam of dark magic.

"You two aren't going anywhere,"  Zeldris said so aggressively that it made them hesitate. "You started this and I'm the one cleaning up your mess."

"Stay. Enjoy the show." Meliodas threw his hand out and a force slammed the women into the wall behind them. They were held in place and struggled to move.