2: Reunion

"I’ve had much time to think about our little reunion," said the fiery haired demon with a look of longing. She make a beckoning signal that drew Meliodas closer until he was directly in front of her. She gripped his chin tightly. "What’s wrong, Mel, didn't you miss me? I missed you."

"Still with the Commandments, huh?" Meliodas asked. "I thought you were moving on to bigger and better things."

Obsidian frowned. "It’s been millenia, yet I can’t seem to get my mind off you and what you did. Your betrayal was rather heartbreaking. We thought you were family, but you turned your back on the Commandments, on your brothers... on me."

Meliodas kept his eyes shut as he squirmed in her grip. Obsidian looked down at him from under her long eyelashes.

"But you know, all that time had me mowing over the events that transpired all those years ago. Why did you betray us? What was so important to you that you rathered losing everything and turning your back on your people? Why protect the humans? What did you possibly have to gain from your actions? I've made many hypotheses, but still, I can’t help but wonder."

Meliodas’s fist went into her gut, making her stumble backwards. He made space between them.

Her eyes began to glow red . "All those years, all that suffering. Do you know what it was like? Being imprisoned?" Her expression turned cold as ice. "No, you don’t!" Another wave of the hand sent him flying and Meliodas hit the ground hard.

A large boulder came crashing down onto him, crushing his body with its weight. Meliodas’s  screams could be heard as he broke through the rock, shattering it into a million pieces. He gripped his treasure.

The Captain grunted, falling down on his knees from the amount of stress his body was under. He held his neck causing his hand to become sticky with blood. He looked up at the demon who he once called a friend. Despite not being one of the Commandments, she was just as strong, just as powerful.

Obsidian, once his right hand, was now about to unleash her fury on her former leader. Her hair raged as she floated over Meliodas. She cocked her head to the side disappointed he’d been taken down so easily.

"Looks like you’ve grown soft in my absence." Obsidian grabbed him by the hair, yanking him upwards. "Oh well, I do like my men bowing down to me."

Meliodas laughed hoarsely. "Kinky as always, Obsidian."

She snarled in his ear, though licked his neck and threw him back onto the ground. His blood dripped from her lips so she wiped it off with her finger then put it into her mouth.

"Your blood is just as delicious as I remember -- so sweet and delectable. I almost feel bad about killing you. Almost."

Meliodas body rushed her and they went flying together, Obsidian’s face was stricken with surprise. She went soaring and landed hard on her back. She opened her eyes to see two booted feet dropping down and rolled to the side. Meliodas drove Lostvayne blade first straight down, and Obsidian barely managed to not be stabbed.

Now crouched on her feet, she sweepkicked Meliodas. She jumped high to get away from him -- only to be sent back to the ground by Meliodas.

Before she hit the hard ground, she backflipped and landed on her feet. Standing upright, she looked to the sky where Meliodas rocketed towards her like a missle. To counter, Obsidian attacked with two fire blasts to keep him back. Meliodas dodged and continued his decent much to Obsidian’s  annoyance.

Boom! The impact of the collision was so immense, it shook the earth with a trembling force that even affected Drole. Badly bruised, both demons rose from the ground, still willing to fight. Obsidian spun in a circle, creating a barrier of fire that separated them as she panted heavily.