11: The War Rages On

Boom! The earth shuddered as the massive body of a Grey Demon fell onto its back lifeless. Shouts of victories were all around as Ban wiped his hand of demon blood. He didn't care to celebrate. Where there was one, there would be five more waiting. He looked to the skies, searching for any sign of another demon, but saw none.

Gilthunder dusted himself off and assessed the gory debris. The demon had made quite the mess that they'd now have to clean up. Still, he was happy they were making some sort of difference. They had to keep their world safe and they would continue to do so until their last days. With the demons re-emerging, there was no time to rest. The Holy Knights had to keep fighting. They had to do whatever they could and by any means necessary.

"Great job, team!" King Arthur said as he was helped up by a knight.

"Those demons don't stand a chance!" A knight exclaimed.

"Don't celebrate just yet." Gilthunder pointed to the sky.

A large shadow casted over them and they looked up at another large grey demon staring down at them with its beady eyes. It growled at the humans viciously and hungrily studied its next meal. They backed away slowly, threatening the beast with their weapons. It was being ridden by a familiar face -- a demon girl with fiery purple hair. She cackled as they hovered over the group. She was impressed by their fierceness, but it'd never be enough. Still, it was cute seeing them so motivated and believing they actually posed any sort of threat to her armies.

"Ah, the Fox Sin... And King Arthur, well, well, isn't this a surprise? What do you think you're doing killing off my grey demon like that?" She demanded in a stern motherly tone, a hand on her hip.

"It's the demon, Obsidian!" Arthur said with disbelief. He had seen her power in Vaizel and again after the burning of Camelot. She was ruthless and her hearts housed the deepest evil. "What do we do, Ban?"

The soldiers looked to the Fox Sin for guidance. None of them had faced a Commandment before besides him, so they stood there quietly, expecting him to do something.

"Listen here, you crazy bitch --" Ban started but was cut off.

"Easy, Ban." Gil grabbed his shoulder. "You don't want to set her off."

Ban grunted, plotting his next move. He needed to do something before Obsidian was able to. She was insane and unpredictable, to say the least.

Obsidian looked down on them then her face brightened immediately seeing the pink haired cutie. She held out a hand. "My Pretty Boy," she greeted. "Why don't you bring your fine ass over to the winning side, honey?" Obsidian asked with a seductive look. "You can have it all -- safety, power, status... whatever your heart desired."

Gilthunder blushed, hiding his face behind a hand. "Lady Obsidian, please."

"All you have to do is say 'yes'," she coaxed.

"He's not interested," Ban replied for him.

"I think he can speak for himself, Foxy."

She leaned against the beast. Gilthunder was such an exceptional specimen. Her painted black lips spread into a grin.

Ban noticed the awkward smile forming on Gilthunder's face and elbowed him. "Don't tell me you're falling for her crap!"

"What? No!" Gil became defensive.

Obsidian adjusted her war helmet while sizing Gilthunder up. She didn't know why, but he intrigued her greatly. He was extremely handsome and a great fighter from what she'd witnessed both here and during the fighting festival. He was a good example of what a true warrior was like. Maybe she wanted to keep some remnant of the human race as a souvenir.