35: There Will Be Hell

"This is so boring! Are we supposed to just sit here and wait for something to happen?" Estarossa groaned as he threw himself back into the grass

"This is so boring! Are we supposed to just sit here and wait for something to happen?" Estarossa groaned as he threw himself back into the grass. He was upset that he wasn't tasked to fight the Seven Deadly Sins. Derieri and Gloxinia were the worst possible choices, in his opinion, and he would've made quick work of them all had he been given the chance.

"Seems that way," replied Monspeet. He stood with his arms crossed.

"Don't worry, Estarossa, you'll get your fill soon." Drole closed his eye.

Estarossa hummed, looking up at the giant. "What do you mean?"

"Derieri and Gloxinia. They're on their way back—With a... dragon?" Drole's eye snapped open, awestruck.

"Come again?" Estarossa raised an eyebrow until he heard the call of the creature. He was trying to make sense of what he was seeing and rubbed his eyes to make sure that it wasn't simply a hallucination.

When it landed, it puffed out an exhausted breath and laid down. Gloxinia slid off Julius's back and walked towards the men.

"So?" Estarossa asked expectantly.

"They're relentless," Gloxinia said, tossing his hair over his shoulder. "They overwhelmed us."

"What?!" Estarossa's fingers curled. "How the hell do two Commandments lose to a group like them?" When Derieri approached, he turned to her. "Derieri, please tell me you didn't get your ass handed to you."

Derieri gripped him up by his coat. "Don't vex me! I'm sick of this shit!"

"Hey, hey, be easy." Estarossa removed her hands.

"If you think you can do better, then do it. They're on their way here as we speak." Derieri went to sit on the staircase leading to the castle. She slung her arms over her knees and glared at the men.

"I'll show you," Estarossa mumbled under his breath.

"Don't be too hard on yourself." Monspeet joined Derieri and gave her a pat on the leg.

Derieri simply grunted in response. She was angry with herself. She had so much power and potential yet she let herself be chased off by a bunch of weaklings.

"So what's up with that?" Estarossa pointed at the dragon napping lazily.

"Oh, Julius? He's O's." Gloxinia glanced back at the pet.

"You're kidding! All these years and she still has that thing around?" Estarossa was awestruck.

"Zeldris preserved him for her. It was sweet." Derieri admitted to how heartfelt the moment between the two demons had been.

"If there's one thing my brother treasures, it's Obsidian." Estarossa nodded in approval.

"We all wish to have someone like that." Gloxinia thought of Medusa as his mixed feelings for her. She was someone whom he shared a connection with, but they seemed so distant since the demons' return to Earth. She's changed a lot... Or maybe it was that he had.