3: Recouperation

Zeldris awoke to his lover sleeping soundly on his bare chest. It was the only time when she didn’t talk and was actually at peace. The lack of a frown or sinister look was nice, showing the softer side no one else had the chance to see. He brushed her dark hair out of her face, enjoying her presence and he couldn’t help falling in love with her all over again. His beautiful queen. She was so amazing with a sense of pride and determination that could never be destroyed.

He enjoyed every single minute he spent in her presence and she was what made being locked away in their realm bearable. Any time he had smiled was because of her. She was his world.

Now that they had returned, he was excited to cause mayhem and chaos. It was what was deserved. The human world was such a loathsome place. Humans were a bane to all existence and were nothing more than pesky insects. In the last 3,000 years, it seemed they’d become even worse than before.

He dreaded every passing day in a world full of humans, and longed for the day where the Demon Clan finally ruled. It was their turn to be on top. The Goddess Clan snubbed them of what was rightfully theirs and not only stripped them of their freedom, but their pride as well. They all had to pay -- The Goddesses, the humans and Meliodas, the worst of all.
Zeldris itched for the day he got his hands on his older brother and was finally able to execute him for his treason. How humiliating it had been to have your own kin turn his back on his people for such a lowly race who did nothing but kill its own.

But those goddessess... Zeldris shook his head before he became angry. He pulled back the hair tie on his arm that he’d taken from his girlfriend. It snapped against his skin and he sighed. Baby steps, baby steps. Everyone who had wronged them would get what was coming.

Zeldris pressed his lips to his lover’s forehead then gently rolled her off so he could get out of bed. He slinked to the closet, looking for a new set of clothes for the day. It wasn’t like he had many options, but he still followed the albeit human routine

Obsidian stirred when Zeldris sat on the edge of the bed, slipping into his red shirt. She sat up, stretching then leaned over to rest her chin on his shoulder and pecked his cheek.

"Another day, another kingdom to take over," she said in a sing song voice. She left kisses on his neck. "The human world never ceases to intrigue me."

"The human world is shit," Zeldris said.

The demon slid out of bed, revealing her naked brown body. She rubbed her eye of sleep as she searched for a fresh pair of underwear. Zeldris watched her bend over, giving him an amazing view of her ass that he found hard to look away from.

Zeldris hunched over, his arms slung over his knees. "The sooner we conquer Brittania, the sooner we can move on to bigger and better things."

"Better things, huh?" She raised an eyebrow. "Like what?"

"Whatever you want," he said, coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. "Anything to please you and make you happy. I want to give you the universe."

"How thoughtful, " Obsidian said with a sincere smile.

"I swear to you, my queen, it’s you and me against the world. Always."

Obsidian reached behind her to wind her arms around him and they stood like that, enjoying each other’s company. Zeldris laid his head against her back after giving it a kiss. Then, "I want a dog."

Zeldris blinked. "You want a dog?"

"Did I stutter?" Her head craned to look at him.

He nodded solemnly. "Whatever your heart desires."