4: Two Birds, One Stone

Following her departure from the master bedroom, Obsidian had decided to sneak off to get away for a while. Her encounter with Estarossa had more than pissed her off and she was quite honestly over it. Ever since she’d been persuaded to rejoin the Commandments, she’d begun to regret that decision mostly due to the fact that Estarossa was equally loathesome as he was repulsive. He had no form of boundaries whatsoever and felt that he could do whatever he wanted with no consequences.

Estarossa had made many passes at her, but none like the stunt he pulled earlier. Just thinking of that bastard seeing her naked made her want to spew chunks. His actions had been reprehensible, to say the least. And the complete disregard for Zeldris and herself made Obsidian long to permanently wipe that stupid ass smirk he often wore off his face.

Obsidian puffed out her cheeks as she walked through the human village, wearing a red half shirt and a mini leather skirt. Her right thigh was covered in tattoos consisting of a vine of roses, and a skull with a dagger passing through its eye socket and her left a snake wrapping itself around a sword. Truthfully, she was digging this look and had forgotten how nicely done her body art was since she usually covered them up. But today, she was free to look as she pleased.

Her now bright purple eyes looked around to take everything in. She kicked the ground as she walked aimlessly through the town. This place had nothing good to offer, how lame.

"Well, if it isn’t the big bad Commandment," said a woman with tan skin and messy black hair that fell at her shoulders sporting a tattered olive colored dress. Her voice was raspy like a smoker’s. She looked up showing one red eye and the other black. Obsidian ignored her, not willing to engage with some weird stranger. "How’s that Commandment of Piety treating ya? Do I have to kick his ass or what?"

Obsidian stopped. Her head whipped around to get a good look at this stranger who watched her. Her voice was teasing and Obsidian squinted, trying to recognize who she was. She drew closer, her arms folded over her chest. She looked at the woman for a moment then a tiny smile formed. The woman engulfed her in a big hug, laughing.

"It’s good to see you again, Medusa."

"So it’s true then -- the seal’s been broken."

"It’s still not completely, but some of us were luckily able to slip through," she replied. "We’re still in the process of gathering up our full strength."

Medusa ran a hand through her mass of hair, getting it caught and forcibly yanking her fingers out. "I see..."

"However, we have seized control of this kingdom."

"I heard Camelot was taken over by a single person. I made a pretty good guess on who it was."

"Yeah, it was him alright." Obsidian was still miffed over the fact that she’d been left out.

Medusa was stunned to hear this and her expression changed to satisfaction. "Impressive. So, what’s the next move? Obviously you Commandments must have something planned."

"I’m not a Commandment," Obsidian’s voice was harsh.

"You know what I mean."

"With Camelot having fallen into our possession, our focus is set on conquering the rest of Brittania."

"Sounds like you guys could use some backup," Medusa said and posed with both hands on her hips.

Obsidian shrugged and placed her hands behind her head as she walked with her friend by her side. "I’ll see what Zeldris says about adding one more to our group."

"Why do you have to ask him? Why not reform our little group? It’s not like you’re a Commandment, anyway, righ? I’m sure the little asshole won’t mind."