13: The Return

A hand, cold yet familiar gripped the female's arm making her stop right in her tracks from killing Escanor, the Sin of Pride. His face was cold and deadly as he dragged Obsidian towards him. Obsidian burst into laughter seeing the Dragon Sin before her with fury in his eyes. She ripped her arm from his grasp as the demon energy surrounding her faded. Meliodas stood silent, his black eyes staring straight through her with an evil grin plastered across his face. He had been awaiting this moment since their meeting in Vaizel. The moment of which he could exact his revenge. He dreamed of making her bow to him and submit to his immense power.

Obsidian was equally irritated and impressed. He'd managed to actually surprise her.

"Miss me?" He asked.

The demon cracked her knuckles, aching to rid herself of him. She inspected the resurrected Meliodas. "Look how different you are now. The darkness is growing within you, I can feel it. Alright, I'll bite -- what's your secret?" She wondered, hands on her hips. "No one, not even you, is powerful enough to escape death so easily. I should know. After all, death is kind of my thing."

"Then I guess you just suck at your job," Meliodas retorted.

"Ha! This guy, I tell ya!"

Gloxinia, Medusa and Drole were stricken with shock and horror, frozen in place as they looked on. None of them knew whether they should intervene or not so they simply waited in anticipation. Still, Gloxinia prepared himself. At all costs, Obsidian had to be protected or the clan would fall apart without her leadership and guidance.

Obsidian paced around the traitor, studying his body more to try and figure out what was going on. Obviously, she hadn't been the one to ressurect him, so who else could possibly hold the power and desire to revive him?

"Intriguing..." She hummed, holding his chin until he swatted her hand away. "Tell me, why must you always insist on sticking your nose in others' business?" She let out an annoyed sigh.

"This is my business."

"Your friend hurt my Zeldris, so now I'm gonna bury him 6 feet under. An eye for an eye, a life for a life."

"You're not hurting my friend, Obsidian," Meliodas's voice was low and gruff.

She grinned then. "Gloxinia! You guys might wanna get out of here. I don't want you to watch me make a little boy cry."

"We're not going anywhere, girl!" Medusa called. "We're right here if you need us."

"That's sweet, but I don't need any help with him." She glanced back at Escanor who'd escaped her sights by crawling away. She pounced on him then hauled him to his feet by the back of his shirt. "Nice try. Keep an eye on him 'til I'm ready." She threw him like a ragdoll that Drole caught in his hand.

Obsidian took a few steps forward, staring into Meliodas's face until their noses nearly touched. He cracked a smile, amused. "You know, O, if you really wanted me so bad, all you had to do was say so," Meliodas teased. He was promptly slapped across the face.

"Don't hold your breath, little boy."

A finger stroked her face. He always loved to get a rise out of her. "Come on, you don't have Zeldris around so why don't we just--"

Meliodas went flying through one of the large, high windows of the castle. He'd been caught off guard and Obsidian dusted off her hands as the purple energy surrounding them faded. Perfect Cube was summoned to protect the four bystanders who were caught in the middle of the fight.

"Be smart about this," Drole warned, his tone passive as always. "I know you can feel his power is even stronger than before. And as long as you have that bracelet on, you won't be able to reach your true power level."