1: What Fresh Hell

So, this story is a Seven Deadly Sins fan fiction I had an idea for and will only loosely be following the anime. I'm just gonna add my own spin on events and add my own characters because I feel it'll be a lot more fun that way.

I'm really excited to work on this because I LOVE the show and this is my first story upon my return to Wattpad. Hope this goes well! Be sure to vote and comment so I can know how everyone is feeling about this :) Happy reading!

-
-
-

Meliodas busied himself wiping down the counter of the bar in the Boar Hat, humming to himself as the lovable Hawk feasted on the scraps from lunch. The leader of the Seven Deadly Sins for the first time in ages was actually alone. Everyone had gone out on the town for various reasons -- Elizabeth and Diane were shopping, Ban and King were getting more food, Merlin was searching for some ingredient she needed with Slader trailing her everywhere, and Gowther was, well, somewhere off being Gowther. The lack of occupants gave the Captain a chance to tidy up a bit since no one else but Elizabeth seemed to care about such things.

He sighed as his thoughts invaded the slight feeling of peace he felt. Things had been so hectic lately that the peace was welcomed like an old friend. Though he couldn't escape the impending sense of doom looming over them all. Dark and pendulous storm clouds that brought with them an omen of death and destruction.

Ever since the seal keeping the demons locked away had been broken, Meliodas had been on edge as the deadliest demons of them all, the 10 Commandments, had begun to run amok. They had to be taken down, but even with the aid of his fellow teammates, it wouldn't be enough to stop them.

Meliodas rested his elbows on the counter and stood with his head in his hands. What was he going to do?

"Hey, Meliodas, you doin’ O.K.?" Hawk raised his head from his meal.

The Captain hummed, lifting his head. "What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Guess I was just daydreaming."

"You’ve seemed really out of it lately." He swallowed the remnants of the scraps and trotted over to look up at the blonde haired boy.

"Have I?" The Captain knew it was true. Ever since the seal holding the demons was broken, Meliodas hadn't been the same. "I’m just worried about all this change. It’s all happening so fast," said Meliodas, gazing out the window. "The Commandments are growing stronger quicker than I anticipated."

Hawk cocked his head. "What’s the deal with those creeps anyway?"

Even if he were to explain it, Meliodas knew the cute little pig could never understand the full extent of what they were up against. These guys weren’t just any old bunch of demons, they were handpicked by the Demon King himself. They were his elite troupes with nothing but evil and hatred in their hearts. Especially Zeldris. The Commandment of Piety, and Meliodas’s younger brother might've been the worst one of all and his sights were set on making Meliodas pay for the events that transpired all those years ago.

Meliodas smiled and pat his friend on the head, telling him that no matter what, they were no match for The Seven Deadly Sins. Now, whether that was true or not was up for debate, but he refused to give up before he even tried. He swore to protect the human world and that was a promise he intended to keep no matter what happened to him.

The bell chimed signaling someone had entered. In strolled the women of the group and poor Slader who was loaded with shopping bags. He fell over the second he was through the doorway though went ignored by Merlin and Diane.

Elizabeth rushed to his aid. "Oh, Sir Slader! Let me help you!" She gathered up some of the bags and put them onto one of the tables then held out a hand for him to take.