9: Change Is Coming

With the absence of her lover, Obsidian was feeling rather lonely. Drole, Gloxinia, and Melascula were the only ones left at the moment, so things hadn't been too exciting as of late. Galand was gone, Grayroad was gone, Fraudrin was dead. Derieri and Monspiet had disappeared. Estarossa and Zeldris... she didn't even want to think about that. The possibility of her beloved having parted ways with life was unnerving.

How the hell had this all happened? What went wrong? Mere humans were able to beat the legendary Ten Commandments. It was impossible! Things weren't supposed to happen this way.

The more she pondered, the more furious she became and plotted to avenge her fallen comrades. The Seven Deadly Sins had proven themselves worthy of their title, but they still wouldn't be enough to stop her. They had no idea of the true power that lied within Obsidian. The demon race was still here and kicking, so as long as she was around, she'd ensure that this war was far from over.

Ever since the events that transpired at Liones, Obsidian had taken up the role as leader of the Commandments. Someone had to take charge, right? And if not her, then who? She's claimed the position once and was the only one who knew how to lead, so it made sense for her to fill the vacant role.

Following the battle, Obsidian had burned a large portion of Camelot to the ground in retaliation for the Holy Knights' msideeds. Everyone was an enemy and everyone was to pay for the loss of her people. She had no sympathy to give to a bunch of humans who destroyed everything in their path. The demons always got such a bad rep, but the humans were the true monsters. They took, took, took without a care in the world for the other races, and to think they actually ruled the world Obsidian once knew was laughable. The humans used to be the lowest of the low, and now they had all the power? What a joke.

Obsidian lounged in the throne room, shrouded in darkness with empty bottles and corpses surrounding her. Her makeup was smudged under her eyes and she wore a white t-shirt that hung like a short dress. This was where she'd kept herself for a week. Seclusion had become her best friend. She raised the vodka bottle clutched in her hand, proposing a toast.

"To absent friends," she said and poured some out before taking a swig and laughing maniacally. She waved her hand, lifting the body of a dead servant. She grinned and spoke. "Here, here, Lady Obsidian!"

Gloxinia, having been standing in the entryway in silence, finally cleared his throat. He began to walk further into the room and flicked on a light immediately catching sight of her ragged appearance. "Um, what are you doing?"

"I'm just having some me time," she said nonchalantly.

"Right~." Gloxinia scrunched his lips. Obsidian took another drink. "Someone looks rather... comfortable."

"You should try to relax, Xini, you could use it, " she said.

"Pass," he replied. Then, "We haven't found anyone yet, but we're still looking."

Obsidian put the bottle to her lips. She arched an eyebrow. "Seriously? Not one?" She became irked.

"We've tried our best --"

"Try harder!" Obsidian shouted with pure venom. She was frustrated with the lack of effort around here.

Gloxinia took notice of the lack of clothes, the corpses, and her bad attitude. Ever since the battle, she'd locked herself away from the outside world to hide from her problems.

"You know, there is also the choice for you to look for them, too? I'm surprised you haven't looked for Zeldris yourself by now."

Obsidian looked at him from the corner of her eye. She suddenly became irate as she accusingly lifted a finger. "If Drole asked you to check up on me, I swear --"