22: Capturing a Traitor

"Hey, Obsidian, you ready to go?" Estarossa asked of her as he approached her with Derieri and Monspeet flanked at his sides

"Hey, Obsidian, you ready to go?" Estarossa asked of her as he approached her with Derieri and Monspeet flanked at his sides. "We're ready whenever you are."

"I don't know. Zeldris doesn't think it's a good idea." Obsidian moved away from the bedroom door, stepping towards them.

Derieri folded her arms. "Why not? Shouldn't he want to find Meliodas?"

"He believes Meliodas doesn't want to be found."

"Which means my older brother is afraid." Estarossa smiled. "As he should be. No matter, he can try to hide all he wants, but it'll be useless."

"I'll tear that bitch limb from limb," said Obsidian with a seething rage.

The door to the master bedroom opened and Zeldris emerged confused by what he was seeing. He raised an eyebrow at Obsidian then glared at his brother. Something was clearly up if the two of them were casually speaking.

"What are you doing?" Zeldris asked of his girlfriend.

"We're hunting Meliodas down and putting an end to this nonsense once and for all," Estarossa said, separating him from Obsidian.

"I don't believe I was talking to you." Zeldris frowned. "O, I told you that you weren't doing that."

"Obsidian has free reign to do as she pleases, brother. Isn't that right?" Estarossa was such an instigator. He loved to stir trouble at everyone else's expense.

"O?" Zeldris looked to her expectantly, his hands on his hips. He hated Estarossa trying to pit her against him.

"Tell your mother that you're independent." Estarossa folded his arms.

"Estarossa, be quiet." Monspeet was also annoyed by his deliberate attempts to turn Obsidian against Zeldris.

"I don't need you protecting me, Zel," Obsidian finally replied after a death glare fixated on the silver-haired man. "I got this. Plus, I have this stupid bracelet from Drole still so I couldn't overdo it even if I tried."

The prince sighed, knowing she was right. He always felt he had to protect her, but she was one of the best warriors of their clan. She fought by his side in the war and nearly lost her. He loved her with all his being and didn't want anything to happen to her, but he couldn't stop her from doing what she wanted even if he knew it was a fruitless mission. Obsidian bit her lip, giving Zeldris her big, sad puppy dog eyes. Her lip quivered as she silently manipulated her lover to calm down and relent.

"Oh, she's good," Derieri whispered with a large grin.

Zeldris pushed past Estarossa and firmly held his girlfriend by the waist. He broke hard. "Okay," he said. "If this means that much to you, then you should go." Obsidian hugged him tightly. She kissed all over his face making him go red. "But if anyone hurts you, I'm taking it out on Estarossa."