27: Divide and Conquer

"Idiots, all of you!" Zeldris barked at the group of demons standing before him in his sanctuary

"Idiots, all of you!" Zeldris barked at the group of demons standing before him in his sanctuary. The amount of incompetence surrounding him was baffling. Clearly, he could only rely on himself.

"Ah, takes me back," Ace said quietly, almost with delight. Medusa was right, no one ever really changed.

"I should have known better than to trust you, Estarossa." Smoke was practically emanating from Zeldris's ears. If looks could kill, Estarossa would be six feet under.

"Hey, it's not my fault!" He was insulted.

"You just had to insist on Obsidian doing what she wanted. See, this is why you don't let her do what she wants!" He waved his arms around, now in his brother's face.

"Easy there, brother. I'm sure she's just... setting something on fire... or... something." Estarossa did little to hide his disinterest.

"I should kill you!" Zeldris was red in the face. Estarossa didn't give a damn about his girlfriend's well being and that pissed him off.

"Estarossa, stop being a prick." Derieri glared at him.

"Him I understand, but you two?" Zeldris looked to her and Monspeet. He couldn't quite grasp how Obsidian had run off without them knowing.

Derieri prodded her fingers together, stammering over her words. "Well, ya see, uh..."

"A lot of things were happening." Monspeet came to her defense. "Those friends of Meliodas were quite troublesome and distracted us long enough for her to leave without us noticing."

"You saw the Seven Deadly Sins?" Zeldris questioned.

The question gained Medusa's attention. "Do tell," she said.

"They disappeared before we could do any real damage," Derieri replied with a jostle of her hair.

"So you failed to kill the Seven Deadly Sins and lost O." Zeldris was only becoming more agitated. It had been against his better judgement to allow his girlfriend to go off with his brother and their comrades, but she and Estarossa had suckered him into it and now look where that had gotten them.

"I'm sure she's fine." Monspeet wasn't super bothered that Obsidian had dipped out, knowing she was more than capable of handling herself. But also he knew that Zeldris's overbearing nature made her disappearance a level red threat.

"Listen to him, Zeldris," said Gloxinia firmly. He didn't want him to get too worked up. Obsidian running off happened a lot more often than he actually knew.

"I knew I should've trusted my instincts and kept her here." Zeldris pinched the bridge of his nose.

"We'll find her," Derieri assured him.

He whirled around to Medusa who was quietly snickering. She found the situation and Zeldris's anger amusing. As much as he tried to hide it, his temper was just as short as his girlfriend's.