15: Social Interaction

Zeldris, Obsidian, Gloxinia, and Medusa hung around the city of Liones, enjoying each other's company as they explored. It was quite an adventure as they hadn't done anything exceptionally mundane as shopping and the act was rather laughable seeing as they were deep into a war with the humans. Still, it was a nice change of pace to not be killing or causing mayhem for once, after all, it did get tiring and a certain someone was still talking it easy for a while.

"Let's go, boys, pick up the pace!" Obsidian clapped her hands together to hurry them along. "We've got a few more places to hit before midday, so chop, chop."

Okay, so maybe everyone didn't find their outing quite enjoyable. While the girls shopped 'til they dropped, the guys had been burdened with their belongings. They lugged them around on their arms trying to keep up with the quick pace the avid shoppers kept while chatting away so carelessly about virtually nothing.

They all looked like a normal group missing their demon marks and black, soulless eyes as was decided upon Obsidian's request. She wanted their outing to be as close to normal as possible so that meant no demonic traits. So far, it'd been working out well and they'd been going about their outing just fine.

"This is bull," Zeldris muttered under his breath. Suggesting he was peeved was an understatement. To his recollection, he'd agreed on a nice day with his girlfriend and friends, not this.

"Medusa, can we please slow down?" Gloxinia stopped to catch his breath, dropping the bags from his hands.

"Yeah, O," Zeldris agreed, stopping. "You've dragged us around all over the damn city. I need to sit down."

The girls turned around, looking at them. Obsidian moved towards Zeldris and looked into his eyes, cupping his face. "Oh, honey, of course. Listen, we're just gonna pop inside this boutique and you guys can stay out here."

"Sounds like a plan." Gloxinia slid down the brick wall of the shop and seated himself. He let out a sigh of relief.

Obsidian pecked Zeldris's cheek and he moved to stand beside Gloxinia, setting down the bags he had been carrying. He was exhausted. He'd forgotten that when Medusa and his girlfriend got together, they had all the energy in the world. It seemed the only reason he and Gloxinia had even been invited along was so that they could be their pack mules. Still, he was amused watching her scurry off into the shop. He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. As long as she was having fun that was all that mattered to him.

"You O.K. there, Zeldris?"

"What? Oh, yeah."

Gloxinia squinted at him. "You're actually smiling. Like, genuinely."

"I'm just... really glad to be back," Zeldris said now trying to hide his expression. His face went stoic once more and he cleared his throat. "You sad sacks obviously have needed some serious help."

"Missed Obsidian, did you?" The fairy smirked. Zeldris shrugged, maintaining his demeanor making Gloxinia lean forward to get a better look at his face. "You know, it's okay to show emotion around me. I said the same to O that I will say to you -- You don't have to go all sappy or whatever, but the point is I'm not going to judge you."

"Sorry, but I'm not interested." Zeldris looked off somewhere else. "No offense."

It wasn't in Zeldris's nature to express himself to anyone besides his girlfriend. The only true emotion he showcased beyond that was anger and when that side was shown, it was always best to run fast and far from his wrath. Displaying happiness just wasn't how he was wired. He'd been programmed by his father to be ruthless and lead the clan with an iron fist so he had never really thought about his own happiness and wants. He had to think of the well-being of the clan, not his own. His only ambitions were to see this war through to the end and emerge victorious so that they could all finally be free of the burdens of their past.