❄ Chapter 48 ❄

Thunder crackled through the sky. Everyone was startled, especially Bunny who almost bounced into the air with fear.

They all looked up into the sky when Pitch was visible, he floated into his dark sand that rotated under his dark figure.

Nixie felt her blood boil. This man had ruined and still was ruining not only her life, but lots and lots of others as well. At the sight of the guardians, an evil look took upon his grey features. Other than that, a hint of fear started to rise up him when he saw that both Jack and Nixie were present, of course the guardians could not see this as he had a poker face.

A frustrated growl came from Pitch's mouth as he remembered what Father Time had said to him. Pitch tried a lot of things in order for the two teenagers not to unite, but without success.

Jack took Nixie's hand as they all stood together. With a look of determination in his eyes he stared up into the sky. Nixie could almost feel the loathed feeling towards Pitch radiating off Jack.

"Get Jamie out of here." Jack said to North, Bunny and Tooth. They nodded as Nixie mentally prepared herself for another confrontation with Pitch. The four of them started to run in order to protect Jamie from Pitch.

"Be careful you two!" North yelled as they ran away. Jack looked at Nixie as she gave a nod. Nixie stayed onto the ground as she concentrated to get her powers to the full maximum. They would need it.

Jack flew up into the air. "Jack Frost?!" Pitch's voice echoed through the air as he gathers all of his power too.

"Let's end this, shall we?!" Pitch made a free fall as he rotated in the air, followed by his dark sand.

Jack created ice with the help of his staff in the direction of Pitch. Pitch held out both of his hands and hold off the ice. "That little trick doesn't work on me anymore!" He blasted sand at Jack who flew away into the air due to the impact.

The ice creator fell and fell down toward the ground as Pitch laughed evilly.

Nixie whose eyes shot open, saw that Jack was falling, she sprinted in his direction.

Bunny hopped in front of the group as he tried to lead them out of danger. "This way, this way!" When they entered a little clearing that was surrounded by buildings, they had nowhere to escape.

"Ah, dead end! Other way, other way!" Tooth started to run with Jamie, but North wasn't so lucky. He could just walk with the help of his sword that he now used as a cane.

A loud banging sound echoed through the clearing as the body of Jack collapsed with multiple objects before his body landed faceward onto the ground.

"Jack!" Jamie screamed as they all made their way to the ice boy. Nixie just made it to the other guardians as she summersaulted onto the ground.

"Are you alright?" Worry crossed her face as Nixie crouched down besides Jack. A groan came out of his mouth.

North was more on the optimistic side. "That was good try, Jack. 'A' for effort." With his colossal hand, North padded his back.

Jack was slowly getting onto both his feet. Nixie could already tell he was exhausted.

A sigh came out of Jack. "He's stronger. I can't beat him." He looked up at his fellow guardians who were standing around him.

"Maybe together we can." Nixie suggested, she was determined to not let Pitch win. But she too was scared.

A loud cackle boomed through the air as the enormous shadow of Pitch moved onto the ground.

"All of this fuss over one little boy and still refuses to stop believing." Nixie's anger increased by the second when his shadow appeared again on one of the walls around them. This time, he was sitting on one of his nightmares as the shadow of a horse danced on the bricks.

He continued, "Very well. There are other ways to snuff out a light."

Pitch started to break the streetlights with his slender hand but, all of them knew it was a metaphor for Jamie, the last light. The guardians went to stand protectively around the brown-haired boy as they looked around them.

Jamie looked all around scared as he looked at the evil spirit that was creating all of this havoc.

Bunny was having enough, hopping to the front. "If you want him, you have to go through me." It was brave, Nixie had to admit. But he was in no state to defeat Pitch in his little rodent body.

"Oh, look how fluffy you are!" A big shadow of Pitch's hand covered most of the ground as the shadow started to 'tickle' Bunny.

"Would you like a scratch behind the ears?" Bunny hopped away in a scared manner into Nixie's arms. Pointing with his little paw into the air. "Don't you even think about it."

Everyone started to stand before Jamie so that he was 'safe' as multiple nightmares came marching in their direction. The sound of whinnies filled their ears.

"I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you all like this!" Pitch finally came into view, sitting on his nightmare like he owned the place. When he got a good look at what stood before him, a grin appeared on his thin grey face.

"You look awful."

Shadows were starting to make their way to the guardians, almost touching Jamie's feet the little boy took a step back.

"Jack, I'm scared." Nixie took a look behind her and saw that Jack was crouching besides Jamie.

She grabbed her bow and stood before them in a protective manner as an idea started to form in her mind. Maybe they should look into this from another perspective. She heard Jack talk to Jamie.

"I- I know, I know, but you're gonna be alright."

"Jack, maybe we have to think in a different perspective to get out of this. We're in no state fighting them. Something that he is not expecting." Nixie almost whispered as she still had a strong grip onto her bow.

You could see that his brain started to work as his face lightened up.

"We're gonna make a little fun instead." Nixie furrowed her eyebrows, fun was definitely another perspective but still, she was confused.

"That's it- that's my center!"

Jamie looked confused, he had no idea what Jack was talking about. Nixie on the other hand looked with wide eyes to Jack. He found his center, unfortunately not at the best moment.

They were interrupted again by the laugh of Pitch. He walked closer to them on his horse.

"So, what do you think, Jamie? Do you believe in the Boogey- AH!" Before Pitch could finish, a snowball crashed into his face much to the astonishment of everyone around that was watching. A laugh escaped Jamie's mouth, his laugh was quickly followed by the rest as they as well could not contain their laughter.

Nixie looked at Jack and mouthed, 'good thinking'. She nudged his shoulder as an idea popped into her mind.

"Watch this." She said as a mischievous smirk appeared on her face. A green bright light started to form and not a moment later a magic yellow flower appeared in her hand. Nixie blew at the flower as a huge amount of pollen floated through the air into the noses of the majority of the nightmares. They all began to sneeze instantly, that really caught them of guard.

The guardians started to laugh again as Nixie felt a pad on her shoulder, she looked sideways and saw North winking at her.

Jack was looking around when suddenly an idea popped into his mind when looking at a metal bowl that was laying onto the ground beside him.

Looking at Jamie, a sparkle filled with mischief crossed Jack's blue eyes.

"Let's go get your friends."