❄ Chapter 37 ❄

As Sophie clung onto Jack, Nixie stood in the room watching as a smile appeared on her face. Sophie's arms were tight around Jack's neck as the said boy tried to detangle himself from the little blond girl.

Baby Tooth gave the platinum haired teenager a smile as Nixie chuckled when Sophie fell off the bed. The Baby fairy chittered nervously as the voice of Jamie's and Sophie's mom could be heard throughout the house.

"Sophie, is that you?"

Jack looked kind of startled when he heard the voice down the corridor. Nixie threw a pastel yellow blanket over the toddler. Sophie's mouth was wide open as Jack threw a dark brown stuffed animal besides Sophie on the ground.

The sheep like toy squeaked as it hit the ground, earning a muffled sound from the still sleeping Sophie.

Nixie chuckled as she turned towards Jack. Dimples forming on both of her cheeks as she crossed her arms. "Really?"

"O shut it, plant mom." Jack playfully said. Ruffling her hair as Baby tooth chittered while flying in the room, indicating that it was time for them to go.

Jack, Nixie and Baby Tooth made their way out of the room before her mother could come in. Closing the window, the three of them looked one more time inside. Nixie created some vines in order to not fall down onto the ground since she can't fly like Jack and Baby Tooth.

"We should get back." Jack spoke while peeking one more time into the window.

Both girls agreed with him when Jack suddenly turned around, as if he heard something behind him.

Nixie furrowed her dark eyebrows as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Is everything alright? Jack?" Jack's white hair flowed a bit as the wind increased.

The ice creator began to mumble something that was just loud enough for Nixie to hear.

"Tha-that voice, I know that voice." His ice blue eyes wandered around his surroundings, checking every corner in order to search what he was looking for. Or actually, who he was looking for.

"Voice, what voice Jack? I don't hear anything." Nixie's expression was confused as she looked at the boy before her. Concern written on his face, maybe all this stuff just got to his head?

Baby tooth gave Nixie a glance, who shrugged in response. She chittered nervously in her own language.

Suddenly, Jack grabbed Nixie's waist as she gave a yelp. "Come on." He said while flying off into the air, looking around him to find something, just anything. Nixie decided to keep her mouth closed until they landed onto an air vent that was located on a roof.

Hearing a loud gasp coming from Jack, Nixie's green eyes widened as her concern grew and grew. "Jack, what is going on?"

The male teenager didn't respond as he grabbed her again to only fly off into the air. Baby Tooth couldn't keep up with them as she flew behind them.

After a couple of seconds, they landed by the lake where Nixie first met Jack a long, long time ago. Nixie immediately recognized the place as Jack putted her down onto the ground. Nixie dusted off her clothes as she walked besides Jack. Still confused and worried why he acted this way.

"Jack, why are we here?" Jack turned towards her, his blue orbs looking into her green ones.

"I keep hearing this voice- "Jack was interrupted by Nixie who was dumbfounded at the moment.

"Voice?" She started to play with her rings that were around her fingers.

"Yeah, I-I don't know. It sounds very familiar."