❄ Chapter 14 ❄

302 YEARS AGO, ON A SUMMER EVENING...

It was golden hour as Nixie sat on the edge of the fountain that was located in the middle of the town. It was getting quite chilly. There were no people out there except for Nixie, waiting for her best friend who left her a message written in charcoal that he had to speak to her that evening.

The sky was a golden colour as the sun was setting, spreading yellowish light on the little town around the teenager. Clouds covering the orange orb. The water behind Nixie was constantly dripping out of the fountain as she enjoyed the wind that blew through her dark blond locks. She sat with her legs crossed, dipping her hand in the water so now and then.

Footsteps could be heard behind her as her friend Jack walked into the direction of Nixie. He was wearing his usual brown pants and sweater, matching his chocolate brown eyes. They were really close friends as they knew each other for practically their whole lives. Unfortunately, Jack had to move to a nearby town when they were younger but, that didn't stop the two from visiting each other.

Jack's chestnut brown hair swayed up and down as he walked further to the fountain with Nixie on it. She was wearing a baggy sweater and pants while waiting for him.

"Long time no see, Twig." He used her nickname as he smirked.

Her head turned around into his direction, she smiled when she saw him. Dimples formed on both of her cheeks, dimples that Jack adored along with other things. Some butterflies flown in Nixie's stomach as she had a crush on him for quite some time now, she was only too shy to say it to him. Puberty was fun, sarcastically of course.

It was a little while ago that the two friends saw each other for the last time.

"I missed you, Jackson Overland Frost. You missed some things around here. Sierra shot her first arrow in the bullseye yesterday." Nixie said proudly as a blush creeped on her face. Jack gave a smile as he placed himself at her side on the fountain. "I'll congratulate her about that next time. Took a while though." They both chuckled.

"So, you've wanted to speak to me?"

For some reason Nixie could tell that Jack was nervous, but she didn't know what for. He placed his hand in the back of his neck as he gave a nervous chuckle. Jack wanted to say something tonight to Nixie that he wanted to say for some time now, only he didn't have the guts back then.

"Nix... I've wanted to say something to you."

He scooted a bit closer to her. The fresh smell of lavender radiated off of her, he could tell. Nixie thought that something was wrong with her friend, she always wants to make people feel included and comfortable so she wanted to comfort him there and then.

"Well, you know that you can tell me everything, right?" She placed a hand on his shoulder as her cheeks reddened.

Jack was actually never nervous, so it was kind of odd for her to see him this way. Normally he was always the one who made fun all the time, cheering everybody up when they were sad.

"Is everything okay with you? You seem a little uncomfortable, is everything alright?" She started to bombard him with questions. She looked concerned as her dark green eyes twinkled in the early evening.

Jack's chocolate ones met hers as he began to stutter, it was now or never. "Ni-Nix, I-I... We've been friends for a long time, right?" He looked at her for a conformation. Heat started to rise at his cheeks as the girl before him nodded.

"A-And you know that I really like you, right?" A chuckle escaped his lips as he putted his hand again at the back of his neck. Nixie could tell that Jack's focus was on her lips so now and then. The dark blond-haired teenager putted some hair behind her ear, she always does that when she was feeling a bit nervous or if she was flattered.

"Well" He continued as he looked her dead in the eye. "I like you Nix, m-more than a friend." Jack rushed a hand through his locks. "I know that maybe it comes out of a sudden but, I know what I feel- "Nixie shushed him with her finger against his mouth.

"I like you too, Jack... More than a friend I mea- "This time it was Jack who stopped her from talking. The boy didn't hesitate any longer before he gently pushed his lips upon hers.

Nixie was quite surprised by his action but soon she felt her body respond to him, her hand went to the side of his face. Jack's hand stroke her long locks. His tongue found its way to her lips, asking for permission which she gladly gave. They explored each other's mouths as it looked like a passionate dance from the outside.

It was Nixie her first kiss and she wouldn't wanted it any other way, it was a magnificent feeling. She didn't expect at all that Jack had the same feelings for her as well, she was so afraid that if she spilled the truth, that it would ruin their friendship. They broke their kiss with both flushed cheeks and slightly swollen lips. Locking hands, the couple smiled at each other as the sky made space for the stars who greeted them cheerfully on this wonderful evening.

"Nix... do you want to be my girlfriend?" Jack asked, still sinking in what just had happened. Nixie smiled as she touched Jack's brown hair. She couldn't be happier as her eyes twinkled before saying; "Gladly."