❄ Chapter 29 ❄

302 YEARS AGO, ON A WINTER EVENING...

Snow fell rapidly outside as the people in Nixie's town gathered the last wood to keep them warm this winter. The floor was already covered in a thin layer of snow as the temperature had dropped a few degrees in the last couple of days. The sky was already getting its usual dark colour due to the few hours of sun they would get in Winter.

Nixie's mom walked before her with wood in her arms, she had so much piled up that it almost fell off her fragile arms.

Her mom's name was Elenore. She was a short fragile woman with medium light blond hair that reaches her shoulders. Her mother was a passionate woman, she was always honest and had respect for every creature that lives.

Nixie had much respect for her mother, she was kind of her rol model how she wanted to be when she was older.

Sierra and her dad were already at home as Sierra got sick today, probably the flu as the preteen was quite feverish the whole day.

"I'm freezing, how about you Nix?" Elenore turned her face around towards her daughter as Nixie also had a pile of wood in her arms. Snow fell in her hair and got stuck in her eyelashes as he squinted her eyes to see.

"Same, I can't feel my hands anymore." Nixie chuckled as they made their way towards home.

"So, how is it going with Jack? When is he coming over again?" Her mom smiled. The woman loved Jack, according to her, he was always funny and goofy. Always trying to bring out the best in people by, for example telling funny stories.

A blush formed on Nixie her face as she thought about her boyfriend. 'Hopefully mom thinks that the blush is due to the cold.'

"Actually, it is going great between Jack and me. There is a chance that he'll be with us tonight, it depends on the weather conditions. But knowing Jack he would come even if there's a huge storm outside." A big proud grin appeared on her plump pink lips as her mom made eye contact with her. The same warm dark green eyes, just like her two daughters had inherited.

"He can stay at night if the weather doesn't allow him to travel home anymore."

"Thank you, mom. He would really appreciate that." Her white teeth showed when she gave her mother a warm smile.

"I'm so proud of you, Nixie. You must know that." A moment of silence before her mother got the chills over her whole body.

"Let's get home, mom. Hopefully dad already fired some wood."

"Well I hope he does, otherwise he can sleep outside tonight." Her mom mocked sarcastically as they laughed.

The two females rushed towards their home that was now covered in white snow, it was a beautiful scene before Nixie her eyes as they dropped their wood onto the ground. They stepped inside as her dad greeted them cheerfully. He kissed Elenore and gave Nixie a hug. A warm aura greeted Nixie as she felt herself relax.

Her dad was a tall man, pale skin and dark brown curls on top of his head. His dark brows where kind of bushy, almost the same dark brows that Nixie inherited, the same goes for Sierra. His face covered in freckles that only Sierra had on her nose. His name was Caesar.

"How's Sierra doing?" Nixie asked as she was curious to her sister's health. Her dad looked down at her as he gave her a warm smile, dimples formed on both of his cheeks as he stroked his short beard.

"Go look at her, I know she'll be happy to see you." Nixie nodded as she made her way up the stairs. Their house was tiny but, cozy at the same time as it was covered in, now frozen, ivy and normally during the warm seasons, lavender covered their little yard.