❄ Chapter 31 ❄

North's scream could be heard echoing through the tunnel as the group slide down the tunnel towards the Warren. Jack who was holding Nixie close to him, was skating on the sides off the tunnel as Tooth flew through it.

The only one who was in his element was the big rodent himself who was in the front.

The group that consisted out of five people entered the exit as North along with his elves and yeti's fell with a loud thud onto the ground. Tooth flew up into the air to prevent her from falling.

Jack landed on both of his feet as he placed Nixie onto the ground beside him, placing his arm around her shoulder. Nixie blushed as she gave Jack a look.

The platinum haired teenager couldn't describe the feeling that was in her when Jack was around. Normally she wasn't into these kinds of things, but everything seemed so familiar with Jack, it was unexplainable.

North who was still lying on the ground, his arms and legs spread out on the stone floor underneath him, was chuckling in a sarcastic manner.

"Ah ha ha. Buckle up. Very funny." His index finger pointed into the air as Nixie gave out a chuckle, her dimples forming in her cheeks. North came from the ground as he laughed at Tooth who was still fluttering in the air.

Bunny who stood proudly before his fellow guardians gave Nixie a look as the teenager blushed again, she knew that look. Bunny probably already knew about her and Jack. Bunny knew always when something was up with his best friend.

"Hehe. Welcome to the Warren- "Bunny got interrupted as his instincts overtook his body. His furry ears perked up as his nose twitches. He smelled something that didn't belong here, an unfamiliar feeling as Nixie grabbed her bow from her body in order to protect herself.

"Something's up." Bunny finished as dozens of eggs came running out of the tunnel that was located before the guardians. Everyone was getting into their fighting stances as Nixie furrowed her eyebrows. Norths grabbed his swords and Jack held his staff before his body.

Kind of trying to also protect Nixie but still giving her a clear shot in case she needed to fire an arrow.

"What the- "She muttered under her breath; her hair swept a bit to the side as a feeling formed in her that something was wrong. 'not again' she thought.

The Easter Island Sentinel Eggs on both sides spun their faces to show the angry side. A battle cry could be heard from Bunny's mouth as he ran forward, facing whatever was hiding in the tunnel. North gave a yell as well as he companied by his broadswords were facing the evil doing that was lurking in the dark.

Even a Yeti was grabbing a spear in his right hand to protect the rest. Nixie was running as well, keeping a clear shot to the tunnel as she gave out a big sigh.

Everyone was running towards the tunnel as an unexpected turn of event happened before their own eyes. Sophie, the younger sister of Jamie, came running out of the tunnel with some eggs in her tiny arms.

All the guardians stopped in their tracks as she looked up at them through her blond messy hair. Her green eyes met the guardians before her.

Everyone had a look of shock on their faces as Jack and Nixie both made the same connection.

"Sophie?" They both said simultaneously with a look of confusion written on both their faces.

Nixie and Jack looked at each other as everyone as well hide their combat gear behind their backs, putting up a friendly smile on their faces in order not to scare the little girl in any way.

They laughed nervously as Nixie putted her bow around her body and gave Jack a look.

"So... what exactly happened when we were all asleep? Hmm?" Nixie lifted her eyebrow as she crossed her arms. Jack putted his hand at the back of his neck as he gave out a nervous chuckle.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"That's what I thought." A smirk appeared on her face as she swatted her bangs out of her face.

Sophie dropped the eggs that were previously in her arms as she cooed. Her attention shifted towards one of the elves that traveled along with them from the Pole.

A look of pure panic formed on Bunny's face as he faced North, his boomerang still in his right hand.

"What is she doing here?"

"Uhh... snow globe."

North who had his eyebrows furrowed, started to search in his pockets for his snow globe as the yeti's beside him looked at him while murmuring something in their babbling language. Tooth was still flying into the air with Baby Tooth beside her, looked at the event happening.

"Crickey! Somebody do something!" His voice cracked slightly. Bunny was completely panicking as Nixie putted a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

Bunny looked at Nixie who shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know what to do, she was asleep when Sophie got into the Warren.

Bunny looked at Jack who held his hands defensively before him while holding his staff in his left hand. "Well, don't look at me, I'm invisible, remember?" A tiny smirk was evident on his face as Nixie gave him a friendly push.

Jack smirked at her as he grabbed her by the waist and tackled her. They both laughed as Nixie laid now on the floor with Jack sitting on top of her.

"Familiar setting, he?" Nixie tried to free herself but gave up as he started to tickle her. chuckles escaped her lips as she tried to pronounce some words.

"J-Jack st-stop p-lease!"

"Who would've thought that the 'big' Mother Nature would be ticklish?" A spark of mischief was evident in his ice blue eyes as he kept tickling Nixie. North cleared his throat, the two teens looked at him and widened their eyes, almost forgetting where they were.

"Not in front of kid." North said in a serious manner as Jack flew onto his feet again. Nixie knew better than North being serious about this, she could see right through him.

"Oh." Escaped Jack's lips as they chuckled. Nixie also standing up with the help of Jack's hand.

Sophie who was dragging the elf onto the stone floor beneath her, muttered some words. "Elf, elf!"

"Don't worry Bunny! I bet she's a, Fairy fan!" Tooth said in a singing tone as she flew into the air. The colorful fairy crouched down before the child as she held teeth in both of her hands.

"It's okay, little one."

Sophie her eyes lighted up at the scene before her eyes, for her Tooth was like a fairytale character with al her colored feathers and wings. "Pretty!"

Nixie who wanted a payback for her bet with Bunny walked to her furry friend as she stood right beside him. "Ten pennies that Tooth's gonna scare her." A confident look in her green eyes as she made eye contact with Bunny.

Bunny shook her outstretched hand as he smirked as well. "Bet taken, N. You know you're gonna lose, right? Again."

"You know what? I've got something for you!" Tooth showed the little girl some teeth with smeared blood on it that where laying in her palm. "Here it is! Look at all the pretty teeth! With all the blood and gum on them!"

Sophie looked at her for a moment wide-eyed before fear overtook her. the blond girl started to cry and scream when she ran away into another direction to be away from Tooth.

Bunny stood with his mouth open as a groan escaped his lips. Nixie gave a loud sigh while she shook her head.

"Soo pity, heh?" Sarcasm was dripping off her voice as she couldn't keep it herself anymore. A smirk formed on her mouth. She raised her palm towards Bunny as a snobbish look was visible on her dainty face. Bunny groaned again as he huffed while putting the money into her hand palm. The platinum haired teenager gave him an innocent look while giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you!" Nixie almost hopped away in pure victory.