❄ Chapter 5 ❄

Jack frost started to create ice on the ground and walls on a cold winter night in Russia. Only the creeping frost was visible on the street as his chuckle could be heard.

As a kid wanted to drink some water out of the water tap outside, Jack froze it and the kids' tongue was stuck to the frozen water. The two girls on the side looked a bit shocked before they've got the giggles while their friend struggled with the frozen water.

People where gasping as frost made its way towards them.

A man fell with his groceries on the ground as he slips as well over the frozen ground beneath him. The creeping frost was making its way up on a building, making ice crystals in the process on windows and the brick.

As Jack crossed a second window, he increased the wind with his powers. As a result, al the papers where the inhabitant was working on flew out of the window, up into the cold air. The man yelled while trying to get his papers, but it was too late. Jack laughed as he flew further up into the sky, freezing laundry while doing so.

As he grabbed the highest pole of the Saint Basil's Cathedral he yelled; ''Oh! Now that, that was fun. Hey wind! Take me home!''

The wind increased as he got blown away up in the air. The whole way shouts of amusement and excitement could be heard. He descended to a new town, Burgess, Pennsylvania.

"Snow day!'' Jack laughed again while flying around, making ice trails appear behind him everywhere he went. People who were walking in the streets gasped too as ice appeared everywhere around them.

The teenager ice skated around the lake where he 'awakened' while shouting in amusement. A boy around the age of twelve walked with a book in his hands. He dropped the book as a gust of wind flew around him.

''Huh, that looks interesting. Good book?'' He asks but none of the kids could hear or see him. The boy called Jamie picked up his book as he makes his way towards his friends. The two friends of Jamie shouted in excitement as they received the news of having a snow day.

Jack chuckled as he makes kind of a bowing gesture with his hand. ''You're welcome!''

As the three kids walked towards Jamie's home they talked. ''Are you guys coming to the egg hunt Sunday?''

His friend whose name was Caleb replied. ''Yeah! Free candy!'' His other friend replied as well, his name was Claude. ''I hope we can find the eggs with al the snow!'' They mocked each other as they made their way home.

As the three kids entered Jamie's backyard through the fence, Jamie discovered something in his book. It was a book about legends. ''It says that they found Big foot hair samples and DNA! In Michigan! That's like super-close!"

What they didn't know was that not only Jack frost was visiting them, but Nixie was also hiding behind a bush in Jamie's backyard. She chuckled at the conversation from the three kids.

She held her necklace with her left hand while crouching deeper behind the bush. Jack was landing on the fence and he mustn't see her, well not yet. She had to wait for the right moment.

''Here we go again.''

Jamie replied; ''You saw that video too, Claude! He's out there!'' His brown eyes widened. Jamie lay the book down to grab his sleigh that was leaning at the stair railing.

''That's what you said about aliens.'' Caleb said as he made some spooky gestures with his hands. Claude mockingly pushed his friend. ''And the Easter Bunny.''

Nixie her ears perked up with the mention of her friend's name. She furrowed her dark brows. Fixating her eyes on the boys. Her long hair whipped to the side due to the wind.