❄ Chapter 35 ❄

Nixie took a deep breath as she tried to climb out of the river of colour. Jack was beside her, also trying to get out of the river. 

Both teenagers were fully covered with all kinds of colours, water dripping off their wet bodies. Nixie looked at her clothes, which were now fully covered in painted water along with her now purplish hair.

Nixie chuckled when she looked at Jack's now pink with purple entwined hair that was once as white as the cleanest snow. "Nice hair you've got there, ice boy!" The once platinum haired teenager mocked Jack as a grin appeared on her face. Nixie pushed herself out of the river as she wringed out her dress that was once clean.

"Ha, ha. Very funny, plant mom." A mischievous smirk appeared again on his face as he blew some ice crystals in Nixie's way. Mental hive fiving himself with the newfound nickname.

A yelp escaped her lips as she looked him dead in the eye.

She shook her head as the usual dimples formed on both of her cheeks. Jack made his way nonchalantly towards his staff as if nothing happened, humming in the process. Nixie squinted her eyes, she would get him back for this, she was sure of it.

Nixie grabbed her bow and quiver of arrows that were laying on the ground where she had left it earlier. Caressing her necklace in order to feel if it was still there. She was always so afraid that she would lose it. Nixie would never forgive herself if she lost the necklace, it was the only thing that she had left of her sister.

Jack ruffled his hair once more, trying to get the colour out of it. Jack groaned when he realized that his hair wasn't turning back to its normal white colour.

Nixie laughed as she was observing him. Jack chuckled. "How are we gonna get ourselves cleaned up? I don't think the kangaroo will be very pleased when he sees us like this."

Jack groaned when Nixie slapped him on his arm. "Don't talk about him like that. But I know a way." Jack's face lightened up before he saw the smug face of Nixie.

"Okay, what is it?" Jack crossed his arms. The girl before him smiled as she twirled her hand to create a little rain cloud. Her green eyes twinkled when she looked at Jack. "But first- ''

"Oh boy, here we go." Jack took a deep breath.

"- you have to say you're sorry and say that I fight better than you." A snobby look formed on her face when she stood stiff, waiting for an answer.

"Come on." She waved her hand in Jack's way dismissively, indicating that he hadn't much time left. Jack's pride was standing in his way as he groaned. After a couple of seconds, Jack gave Nixie a look, calculating wherever she was joking or not. Unfortunately for him, she wasn't gonna give up that easily. He learned that a couple of moments ago. He gave in.

"Fine, I'm sorry." Jack murmured almost inaudibly as Nixie raised her brow while placing her hand behind her ear. Her earrings jingled. "I can't hear you, what?" The smugness radiated off the teenager as she was mentally high fiving herself right now. Her plan was working.

"I'm sorry and you're a better fighter than I am." Jack growled as he looked at her with an unamused look on his still painted face.

Nixie couldn't hold her laugh anymore as she got the giggles to Jack's astonishment. A confused look on his features as Nixie kept laughing. "I was just messing with ya, Jack. But nice to know that you think of me that way." An innocent laugh escaped her mouth as she winked at him.

Jack shook his head, thinking about how she got under his skin again.

After a moment, Nixie created a small rain cloud to clean their selves. A gust of wind formed when Nixie flicked her wrist in order to dry them both after the paint on their bodies were as good as gone. Only some shades of purple were visible on Nixie's dress, but she didn't mind.