❄ Chapter 36 ❄

THREE MONTHS AFTER NIXIE'S GUARDIAN RITUAL.

Nixie was in her own place after a busy day. It was well hidden between the vegetation of the jungle so that no one could find her when Nixie rested.

Dusk was already forming outside as the sky turned a beautiful purple colour entwined with orange and pink.

Life as a guardian was still new for the teenager and it was frustrating that she couldn't remember a single thing about her life before she found herself in the forest a year and three months ago.
Time was flying fast being a guardian.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying it.

Sometimes, Nixie found herself daydreaming about her life before she awakened. Imagining a perfect life about herself with her family and other things. Making up scenarios in her head about how would it be with her friends. Do they have humour? Does she even have friends? Does she actually have humour back then?  She doesn't know. Pieces are still unsolved, and Nixie had the feeling that she sometimes doesn't understand parts of herself because she doesn't fully know herself as a person.

Nixie's place was quite big, hidden rooms were attached to the center of the house that only Nixie knew the existence of. Actually no one could know where this place was located unless someone had such powerful magic to disrupt the camouflage, but she was kind of sure that she was save here.

North said it was better if nobody with the exception of Nixie herself knew where her place was located.

After the ritual, North, the big intimidating colossal man, spoke to her about her experiences with dark creatures that were lurking in the dark. They were out there to get her but failed when Nixie shot an arrow at them, killing them in an instant after a long night duty. North's theory was that Pitch Black, an evil spirit in a human form, was behind it.

The other guardians were skeptical wherever Pitch was included, especially the big rabbit that was called Bunny. He was so sure that they defeated him once and for all.

North also told her that every guardian had their own place. It was her own duty to find it. So, Nixie did what she was told, she followed her guardian instincts to end up here. After a year of living in the forest, sleeping in trees and wandering around at night due to the cold, this place was considered to be royal luxury for the platinum haired teenager.

*Flashback *

"Will you, Mother Nature. Better known as Nixie Silverbow, promise to protect the children of the world, in good times and bad times? Will you fight for the good side even if we're surrounded by Dark times? Will you use your powers for the greater good and join our team to battle against evil?" North looked at her with a serious manner, his eyebrows frowned.

Nixie looked dumbfounded at the whole shebang before her. Her mouth fell open in disbelief. She just wanted to get this over with. She hesitantly replied. "Uhm... I Guess?" Bunny chuckled at her while Sandy fell asleep a couple of moments ago.

"First of all, let's clear one thing. I want to be called Nixie. Not any Guardian name, understood?" A moment of silence followed.

"Welcome to team!" North announced excitedly.

The three guardians cheered, well, if you count the noise it would be the two of them since Sandy was still asleep. He couldn't speak anyway. Only the big rodent with the boomerang looked still slightly skeptical about Nixie being newly introduced to the team but clapped anyway.

"What's with the long face?" Nixie walked into Bunny's direction as he was examining his boomerang.

"Nothing... just thinking why we would need help. That's all."