❄ Chapter 21 ❄

A chuckle escaped North's mouth as he stood beside the bed of the kid before him.

The man wanted to grab the tooth as he stretched out his arm.

"Is piece of pie- WOAH!" North said as Bunny tried to come up into the room with one of his tunnels, North fell into it.

"Ow!" Bunny groaned as he was stuck... again. This time not because of Nixie her vines but, because he and North were stuck in the tunnel together.

As the two guardians tried to get out of the tunnel, Sandy walked to the tooth and casually picked it up.

"Dedededede! That's my tooth! Sandy! Sandy!" The Sandman didn't listen as he innocently walked out of the room with the tooth in his hand.

Nixie who appeared in the window couldn't hold her laughter as she almost rolled over. The two men looked with angry expressions at her as she said, "Stuck again, Bun?" She rose an eyebrow and gave one of her smirks.

Bunny grumpily turned his head as he was slightly embarrassed. Nixie hopped off the window as her laugh still could be heard. "You're gonna lose, mate!" She yelled.

Jack wanted to grab a tooth under a pillow as Nixie appeared into the same room. The girl looked around her, checking if no one was in the room. He could hide fast enough in the shadows as an idea popped into his head. A smirk appeared on his face as he stood in the corner of the room. A chuckle escaped his lips.

He still has to get her back for her action with him and Bunny.

The blond girl stretched out her hand as she felt as if someone was watching her. She looked around her with a suspicious look on her face. After she saw nobody Nixie shrugged her shoulders. "Hm."

Suddenly she felt something fall onto her as she fell down on the ground. A yelp escaped her mouth as she was too late to grab her bow or do any other action.

"Gotcha!" Jack said with a mischievous smirk on his face as he sat on top of her. He grabbed her wrists so that she couldn't escape. "Jeez Jack, you scared me" Nixie let out a chuckle as her usual dimples formed on both of her cheeks.

"You deserved that after you left me with Bunny in that goddamn room."

"Well, if you're looking for an apology, then I'm sorry to disappoint you." Nixie lifted an eyebrow as a grin formed on her mouth. "I enjoyed every moment of it."

Jack chuckled at the sudden smugness from the girl that lay under him. Nixie was an emotional person when needed but Bunny didn't lie when he said that Nixie would give her best with a competition.

"So much talk and yet I'm about to win." Nixie felt that Jack was losing his grip on her and she took advantage of that. She turned them around and now she was the one who sat on top. "Gotcha back." Her long hair fell down at both sides of her head, creating a curtain around them.

Jack looked kind of defeated but he wouldn't actually admit out loud that he was enjoying her company more and more by the time. He was enchanted by her green eyes as his attention was on her soft pink lips that were parted slightly as Nixie was looking into his blue eyes.

Nixie blushed at the look Jack gave her, but she also leaned in when Jack's face came closer and closer. They both closed their eyes their lips almost touched.

The clinking of metal could be heard on the ground as a silver piece that looked like a ring rolled onto the ground. Nixie cleared her throat as she got off of Jack. Her normal sense came back as she thought about what she was doing. Her face flushed as she walked to the ring.

Jack stood up and he as well didn't know what came over him a couple of seconds ago. It's was not that he didn't liked it, no he enjoyed the feeling of her having around, that was what he was confused about.

"Is this yours?" Nixie examined it as her fingers traced its surface after she picked the ring up.

"Yeah, I have it my whole life actually but, I don't know where I got it from." Jack putted his hand on the back of his neck as he watched her carefully, holding his stick in his other hand.

Nixie's lifted her eyebrows when she saw the 'N' that was engraved in the rings surface. "Hm... Interesting." Her dark eyebrows furrowed on her face as she was genuinely interested in the ring. A familiar feeling formed in Nixie as she holds the ring in her hands. As if she knew the object. She gave him it back before she grabbed her bow and quiver with arrows from the ground.

Jack ran a hand through his hair as he took it from her, his hand stroking hers lightly, as a result sending some sparks down Nixie her spine.

Nixie shook her head as she was thinking about a certain feeling that developed in her.

"Sooo... Who's gonna get the tooth?" Nixie turned around with a smirk on her face again. Jack chuckled as he putted his hand in his pocket from his hoodie and showed Nixie the perfectly white tooth.

"You had it all this time?!" Jack nodded proudly but before he could put it back in the sack with the other teeth, a vine wrapped around his wrist as Nixie stood before him with a mischievous look. She took the tooth out of his hand as Jack groaned. He was defeated...again. "Thanks, again." She winked while bowing before she hopped out of the window.

Jack kept looking at the place where Nixie got out. He whistled to himself. He got to keep a hold on himself in these dark times. 'What a girl she is.' A smile formed on his face as he thought back to the moment that they almost kissed. 'Maybe next time.' He thought.

Jack hopped out of the window as he jumped around the walls in between two houses. He ducked into an open window as Bunny just entered the room with one of his tunnels. Jack fell into it as the laughter of Bunny could be heard through the room.

It took Tooth a long time to escape Nixie's vines as the said girl made sure to put them tightly around the fairy. The fairy stretched out her hand and searched under the pillow to only pull out a mouse. Tooth examined it before Baby Tooth started to attack the mouse.

Tooth grabbed the wings of Baby Tooth who was beating the mouse.

"Woah woah waoh! Take it easy there, champ! He's one of us! Part of the European Division." She looked apologetically to the mouse while saying, "Ça va?"

The mouse squeaked in an angry matter as he threw his hat on the ground, making a statement.

A portal opened up into the sky as North's laugh could again be heard in the dark of the night. The sleigh made some speed as Bunny stood in a room. He lifted the pillow to only find a piece of paper with an arrow on it.

"Huh?" Bunny looked confused as he turned around into the window's direction to see North laughing as he dashed off to the next house.

A couple moments later Bunny succeeded to get a tooth as he stood on a roof. The tooth in his furry paw as a smile proudly formed on his face. Suddenly the rodent slipped from the roof as he passes Jack who leaned onto the chimney in a calm matter. Jack made an ice slide for Bunny to let him fall. He snatched the tooth out of Bunny's paw. "Yes!" Not a second later Nixie appeared right beside him who grabbed the tooth from him with an amused smile on her face. "No!" Jack groaned. "Whoo!" Nixie cheered as she made some hand gestures. Her victory didn't last long though as Sandy took it from her hand as he stood on his sand cloud, floating in the air as he innocently waved to the two teenagers. "Sandy?!" Nixie wailed as Jack looked at her very amused. "What?" Nixie chuckled as she gave him a push in a friendly manner.

In the meantime, North was dancing on the rooftops as he went from chimney to chimney. Bunny who wanted to take vengeance on his friend, lighted some wood that was located in North's chimney. A mischievous grin appeared on Bunny's face as he muttered, "Ho ho ho."

An explosion could be heard through the neighborhood as his yelling echoed through the chimney.