❄ Chapter 12 ❄

The elevator that leads to the heart of the workshop descended with North and jack on it. It was very crowded in the workshop as elves and Yeti's were making presents for the upcoming Christmas.

"Nothing personal, North, what you all do, it's just- it's not my thing." Jack tried to reason with North who was checking something in the hands of the Yeti, making a quick signature. He looked determined as his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Man in Moon says it is your thing. You will see."

Jack was looking everywhere as North walked further in a quick pace. His icy blue eyes insisted to see everything what was happening in the room.

"Slow down, would ya? I've been trying to bust in here for years. I want a good look." Jack smiled at everything around him. North looked confused as he turned around the very second. "What do you mean, bust in?"

Jack stood in between two Yeti's, one of them was holding a toy in the form of a barn.

"Whoo! Don't worry! Never got past the Yeti's."

The Yeti who stood behind Jack made a beating gesture with his hands as he still remembered the ice boy. Jack looked lazily at him as he walked further. "Oh, hey Phil." He dodged the other Yeti who was holding the toy-barn.

"Keep up, Jack! Keep up!" Everywhere jack looked where creatures making toys, noise could be heard everywhere. Objects flew through the air as a Yeti tried a toy guitar. Jack looked a bit confused at all the Yeti's as his smirk grew.

"Woah! I always thought the elves made the toys." North lifted his hand to his mouth in a whispering form. "We just let them believe that."

As they passed a group of elves who were experimenting with Christmas lights, Jack smirked. One of the elves was completely covered in lights got electrocuted when his companion putted two plugs together.

"Very nice, keep up good work." North said the first half of the sentence very slow as he lifted up his eyebrows in order to motivate the elves. Jack smirked at the elves as North grabbed his shoulder and pushed him forward. They passed a Yeti who was patiently painting toy robots blue. Something bothered North, Jack could tell.

"I don't like it, paint it red!"

The Yeti made some sounds in frustration as he looked behind him at the whole shelf blue robots and slammed his head on the table.

"Pick it up everybody!"

A bell could be heard as a Yeti passed on a platform that was dangling in the air. If Jack had to describe the workshop in one word, it would be: a madhouse.

As the two males entered the personal workspace of North, Jack saw Nixie sitting in the bay window. She turned her head to the two men. She knew that North was up to something, she could see it in his eyes. After spending about three hundred years with the man she knew exactly what he was up to.

Jack his eyes widened as he took in his surroundings. North's workspace was indeed a beautiful something. His mouth slightly parted in disbelieve as he still stood in the door opening.

Nixie came towards the two men, she stood next to North with her arms crossed. Jack could see that she had been crying as she had slightly red eyes. "You okay?" Jack mouthed at Nixie. She nodded as a smile appeared on her face. After a moment a smirk appeared on her face as she made her way towards Jack. She whispered in his ear.

"But I'm not sure if you can say the same thing." Jack looked confused at her as Nixie chuckled. He would know why in a couple of seconds.

An elf came marching proudly at his master, a cake in his hands. North looked at his left side and grabbed the cake out of his hands, as a result the elf fell down. Nixie crunched her eyebrows as the smirk stayed on her face. Sometimes North was really harsh on the creatures, it was funny though.

"Fruitcake?" North offered Jack. "Uh, no... Thanks." North gave roughly the cake to Nixie who stood in a confused manner with now the cake in her hands.

"Now we get down to the tacks of the brass." North cracked his knuckles. It was showtime. Nixie tossed the cake beside her, a glass breaking noise could be heard as she made eye contact with Jack. He now knew what she mended a couple of seconds ago.

Nixie shut the door with a flick of her wrist, vines started to appear on it as they locked the door. Jack looked even more confused now. Nixie almost started to feel guilty for him, but she knew that North would never do harm. This was al for the show.

North came dangerously close to Jack as he was stuck between the door and the colossal man. "Who are you, Jack Frost? What is your center?"

Jack furrowed his eyebrows as he was doing that a lot lately, Nixie noticed. "My center?"

"If Man in Moon chose you to be a Guardian, you must have something very special inside. Hmm..." North stroke his beard with his right hand. Nixie already knew what he wanted to do. She grabbed the Russian Nesting doll from a shelf for North. The doll resembled him. North tilted his right hand and Nixie gave him the wooden doll.

"Here, this is how you see me, no? Very big, intimidating... But if you get to know me a little... Well, go on." North gave Jack the doll. Nixie smiled at Jack as he took off the first layer and placed his wooden stick beside him.

"You are... downright jolly?" He still was a bit skeptical about all of this. Nixie couldn't keep her curiosity in track anymore as she walked to the wooden stick that was leaning to the table. She took it in her hands and started to experiment it. Jack chuckled at her, he had to admit. It would suit her.

North got a little excited as they continued. "Ah! But not just jolly. I am also mysterious-" North got cut off by Nixie. "Fearless, and caring- "She smiled at North. Jack kept taking off layers of the doll until the last one. North's center.

"And at my center..." North continued.

"There's a tiny wooden baby." Jack finished as he dropped the last tiny doll in the hand of North. Jack massaged his forehead with his fingers as he still was confused about this whole shebang.

"Look closer. What do you see?" Nixie said to Jack as she still had the stick in both of her hands.

"A-ah..." Jack stuttered a bit before he came to his finale answer. "Ya have big eyes." North was very excited as he made victorious gestures with both of his hands.

"Yes! Big eyes, very big, because they are full of wonder." He stretched his eyes with fingers before grabbing Jack his shoulders.

"That is my center. It is what I was born with: eyes that have always seen the wonder in everything!" He started to walk around the workspace, making big hand gestures in the process.

"Eyes that see lights in the trees-"

"Believe me, not only in trees..." Nixie interrupted.

"-and magic in the air - this wonder is what I put into the world! And what I protect in children. It is what makes me a Guardian. It is my center. What is yours?" North looked serious at Jack.

Nixie knew for sure that Jack didn't know what his center is. She would talk about that with him later. "North, maybe another time." Nixie nodded at her friend as Jack was still deep in thought. "I don't know." Jack muttered. This was already much information to sink in.

Nixie placed a hand in comfort on his shoulder as she smiled at him. Her green eyes twinkled as she gave him his staff back. He smiled back at her. North placed the little wooden doll in Jack his hand as he gave him a reassuring nod.

Suddenly tooth fairies where flying outside of the window in North's workspace. Bunny and Sandy came running towards the three of them. They looked serious.

"We have a problem, Mate. Trouble at the Tooth palace." Nixie's mouth dropped open. She hoped that it wasn't something very bad, but her belly feeling said something else.