❄ Chapter 25 ❄

Still bouncing around the room, trying to get away from Abby, Bunny kept yelling for help as the rest stood in the room. Nixie couldn't hold her laughter as she got hit by Abby who shook his head and again chased Bunny through the room.

"This thing's rabid! Get this dingo off me!"

The golden glittery ball made out of sand was still flying and bouncing around the room. It hit Bunny square in the face after the ball bounced against a phot on the wall as he passed out in a deep sleep. Sand took the form of three carrots above his head as he was peacefully on the ground.

Not a moment later, the ball hit Abby as the dog was spread out on the floor, it gave out a tiny bark before sleeping.

The ball continued and came towards North as he faltered through the room.

"Candy canes..." North fell onto Jamie's bed.

The said boy flew through his sleeping room as the heavy weight of North crashed down on the bed. Sandy got Jamie as he jerked his head in a forward movement to spread some dust onto the boy's head.

Jamie's eyes closed as his mouth fell open. He was asleep in a second, Sandy still holding the preteen in bridal style as a soft snore escaped Jamie's mouth.

In the meantime, the ball with sleep sand bounced in Nixie's direction as she tried to dodge the flying object but, failed unfortunately as she as well felt sleep overcome her senses. Her green eyes widened as the golden object aimed to her forehead.

"Holy leaves..." Was the last thing she muttered before she was feeling herself getting sleepy.

Her body fell backwards as Jack grabbed her before she could fell on the ground, his wooden stick fell onto the floor. He got a strong hold on her body as Nixie's eyelids were still closed. His blue eyes scanned her sleeping face as he got a good look of her now that she was peacefully asleep. The golden sleeping sand that was floating above her head, took in the form of butterflies and snowflakes. Jack lifted an eyebrow as he was getting more curious as to what her dream was all about.

A chuckle escaped his lips as a tiny groan could be heard from her lips.

"Whoops..." Jack said as he took in his surroundings. Everyone, except for him and Sandy where asleep in the room. All having peaceful dreams. The sand carrot from Bunny's dream came into contact with one of the candy canes from North's dream, the carrot grew legs and started to dance with the candy cane as its walking stick.

"Oh, I really wish I had a camera right now."

Jack chuckled as Sandy gave him a glance from the side.

Sandy's eyes widened as he saw a nightmare floating in the window behind Jack. the ice creator didn't hesitate for a moment as he gently placed Nixie next to North, maybe this was his only chance to get the nightmare, or even better, to defeat Pitch once and for all.

He made his way towards the window after grabbing his wooden stick that slipped out of his hands when he grabbed a sleeping Nixie.

Jack inhaled as he flew out of the window in the darkness of the night. "Sandy, come on! We can find Pitch!" Sandy looked a bit skeptical before he cautiously stepped over Tooth's sleeping form.

The golden male looked for another time into the room as he thought about something but, after a moment he decided to follow Jack anyway as he flew out of the window.

Sophie entered Jamie's room, still in her pajamas with little fairy wings attached to her back. Her blond hair was a mess on her head as she looked around. Her eyes seemed to stop looking around when her eyes landed on the sleeping form of North. The colossal man was still slightly snoring as Sophie tried to climb onto the bed as the snow-globe fell out of his pocket in the process.

"Pretty..." Sophie's tiny hands were wrapped around the globe as she kept giggling. She looked to her left and saw the sleeping form of Bunny laying on the ground.

"Bunny! Hop hop hop!" Her interest seemed to be going back to the tiny globe in her hands.

Reacting to her words, the snow globe created some Easter eggs into the transparent sphere. Sophie seemed to be really interested into the eggs as she started to walk with the globe in her hands.

The little girl tripped over her dog as the snow-globe fell out of her hands, a portal opened that was destined to Bunny's Warren. Sophie giggled as she walked through the portal. Not a second later, the portal disappeared again. It looked like Sophie was never in the room.

North awoke as he still was very sleepy.

"Wha? Huh?"

He looked around him to see Nixie sleeping beside him on his left side, Tooth was sleeping on the ground and Bunny was still sleeping on the ground at the right side of the bed.

❄️❄️❄️

Jack and Sandy flew beside each other as they were chasing the Nightmare. The ice boy seemed to be having fun as he was cheering and shouting as he increased some speed in the dead of the night. "Yes! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Whoo!"

Sandy seemed to be enjoying it too as he gave the boy beside him a smile as he too increased some speed. Sandy flew through a building as Jack stayed out of it but walked on the walls. As Sandy was riding one of the nightmares, he touched the neck of the creature with his left hand as it turned into a gold manta-ray.

Jack was chasing another nightmare as he froze it with his wooden stick. He laughed as he finally got one.

"I got it!"

He jumped onto the roof to see a frozen flat black creature frozen to the building. The teenager walked towards it and poked his stick in it to only discover that it had a hard structure.

"Sandy! Sandy, did you see that? Hehehe! Look at this thing." He poked his stick again at the creature to only hear a familiar voice behind him on the roof.

"Frost?" Jack turned around, he launches his stick at Pitch but misses as the said man disappeared and appeared again behind him on another roof.

"You know, for a neutral party, you spend an awful lot of time with those weirdos. Especially, that girl." He said with a look of distaste on his face. "Mother Nature, is her name, right? Yeah... I remember her. Those good old days." A grin formed on his lips as he relived the memories of his life where everyone feared him. "This isn't your fight, Jack."

Jack's blood started to boil as he putted his stick up into the air in a defensive manner.

"You made it my fight when you stole those teeth! You destroyed Nixie's life!" An angry look was evident on Jack's face as the thought about the words of Nixie and Pitch. He was an emotionless creature.

A look of confusion appeared onto Pitch's face. "Teeth? Why do you care about the teeth? As for the girl... I did what had to be done." An evil smirk formed on his lips as he let out a chuckle. The dark clothed man looked to his left as he saw Sandy standing next to him with his arms crossed, a firm look on his face as he was enraged.

Pitch jerked into the air and let out a nervous chuckle. "Now this is who I'm looking for."