❄ Chapter 34 ❄

Bunny and Sophie were both watching an egg intensely that was 'born' out of one of the many flowers that grew throughout the Warren.

Sophie giggled as her green eyes lighted up at the sight before her.

Bunny looked to his side as he outstretched his furry paw towards Sophie's direction.

"You wanna paint some eggs? Yeah?'' Sophie couldn't hide her excitement as she cheered and jumped. "Okay!" She replied as she took Bunny's paw.

"Come on then."

Jack and Nixie walked both towards the others after they stayed behind to talk. Nixie her eyes were still a bit teary, but she felt so grateful towards Jack. She had the feeling that someone understood her for an one hundred percent. Of course, she could always talk to North if she wanted to, but this was different. Jack was someone of her own age.

Nixie felt like she was an emotional wreck since Sandy's death, which wasn't weird since Sandy was their partner and their close friend.

Jack placed an arm around her waist as Nixie gave him a smile. 'you okay?' Jack mouthed as Nixie nodded her head as they came closer and closer to the other guardians.

The Inner Warren was incredible. Stones in the form of Easter Island rocks that were covered in moss could be seen everywhere around them. Flowers in the colors of pink, orange, yellow and blue could be seen as the plants were literally the creators of the Easter eggs that everyone is so familiar with now these days.

North was looking at the thousands of eggs before him in awe as he was standing on the egg's walking route.

Jack gripped Nixie tighter as he flew up into the air with Nixie still in his grip towards the direction of North. The white-haired boy placed his stick in a vertical manner as he crouched on top of it to make himself comfortable. Jack placed Nixie on his lap as his arms wrapped around her from behind to look at all of the eggs together.

Nixie already felt her cheeks redden a bit as she looked around. Everyone was busy to pay attention towards them. North, who was standing literally beside them was also too mesmerized with all the eggs that were marching down the hill.

Jack took advantage of the situation as he placed a quick kiss on Nixie's cheek.

"Rimsky – Korsakov! That's a lot of eggs!" North said as he placed his big hands in his sides. You could say that his was a once in a lifetime experience to see North being impressed by some other thing than Christmas, or something Christmas related of course.

"Uh, how much time do we have?" Jack looked at North as he once again realized that they must save Easter before every kid on Earth stops believing. Nixie freed herself out of Jack grip as she used her powers to create some vines onto the ground in order to land softly.

The platinum haired girl replaced her bow onto her back which wasn't in its original position due to Jack. As she ran a hand through her long hair, Bunny raced past them with Sophie onto his back. Both of them whooping and cheering in the process.

"Come on guys, let's follow them. Never thought that I would say this but... I miss Bunny. I mean the moody, quick irritated and bored Bunny."

Nixie laughed as both Jack and North also gave a laugh. The three of them made their way towards Bunny, Sophie and Tooth. The fairy was flying and looking around her. You could see by the look on her face that she was really impressed by her surroundings.

Nixie bit her lip, she didn't get the chance to return to her place which was really hard to find for outsiders. Actually, it couldn't be found by outsiders but, she couldn't risk to live there to her despair. If Pitch found out, she would have a big problem, besides she has a nice place at the Pole that she wouldn't want to miss.

The idea occurred to her that maybe it was a nice idea to show Jack the place. Maybe for another time after Pitch was defeated, she thought. A smile was forming on her mouth as the usual dimples formed on both of her cheeks.

Nixie looked down at her feet and she saw that her once perfectly white plateau sandals weren't as white anymore. Her clothing had also some stains with some ripped ends here and there. Nixie shrugged her shoulders, she didn't mind.

With her bow in hand, they stepped over some rocks in order to not crush the eggs below them.

Thousands and thousands of eggs were walking onto their tiny legs forwards as blue flowers sprayed them with the undercoat colour before the eggs would get their original colour.

Nixie's ears perked up as the voice of her furry friend could be heard booming through the place.

"All right, troops, it's time to push back! That means eggs everywhere! Heaps of you in every high-rise, farmhouse and trailer park! In tennis shoes and cereal bowls! Oh, there'll be bathtubs filled with my beautiful googies!"

Sophie giggled as she laid on top of the still walking eggs, they were moving her downwards the hill. North waved at her as he towered over the little girl.

One of the Christmas elves that traveled along with them, pushed an egg into the river of paint before him as he danced in a tauntingly manner towards the bow floating egg. Little that he knows that dozens of eggs were behind him to shove him as well into the river.

The legs of the eggs were kicking in the air as they are top-heavy which caused a weird scene. North picked on of them out of the river of paint and lifted it up to his eye level.

"Okay, that's little strange." Nixie was chuckling as she stood behind him, a playful smile on her face as she suddenly felt something cold in the back of her neck. A yelp escaped her mouth as she touched the back of her hair with her hand to only find colored paint spread in her light colored hair.

"What the..."

She heard Bunny say something back to North in what could be heard was a very low voice that sounds so unlike him, but she didn't pay any more attention as she turned around to face a laughing Jack. He was holding onto his stomach when he saw the unimpressed face of Nixie shooting daggers at him.

"JACK!" Within a second Nixie grabbed some paint and threw it into Jack's direction before he could blink his eye. A large purple stain was visible on his face as it was now Nixie's turn to laugh.

"You're gonna regret that, N." A mischievous smirk appeared on Jack's lips as a sparkle formed in his eyes. He had something in mind that Nixie probably did not approve. He putted his stick into the ground with a loud thud as Nixie took of her bow and quiver with arrows.

"Challenge accepted."

A dark eyebrow lifted on her face as she felt a rush of confidence through her body. Jack flew into her direction to tackle her, but Nixie was too quick as she put her foot out to let Jack fall instead of her. They frolicked as Jack now had the upper hand. Sitting on top of her again with a victorious smirk on his lips.

"So, who's going down now huh?" Nixie panted as she gave him a look. After a second she surrendered to Jack's astonishment. This wasn't like Nixie, but he didn't wanted to ruin his victory as he stretched out his hand, that was not a wise decision.

When Jack wanted to give her a hand in order to help her up, she pulled him down into the river of colour. A loud splash could be heard as Nixie couldn't hold her laughter anymore. Jack's head was just above the surface of the colored water as a grin formed on his lips.

"Jack you should've seen your face." Nixie wiped the tears from her eyes while still having the giggles as she suddenly felt a strong grip on her shoulders. Nixie's green eyes widened as she cursed along her breath. "Fuc- " Jack grabbed her from behind to drag her also into the river.

Nixie was being pushed under water as Jack placed his lips on hers. Nixie's hair flew around them, time stood still around the couple as they kissed in their private area under the water.