❄ Chapter 49 ❄

Pitch tried to wipe the cold snow off his face, he could not believe what just happened. Rage overtook his body as the guardians escaped before his own dark eyes. His nightmares were still sneezing as their noses were still itchy.

Jack threw everyone a pallet, since there weren't enough for everyone, North and Nixie both sat on one pallet, squeezed on the small wooden square. Bunny anxiously sat in the metal bowl as he made his way over the ice.

Nixie actually had a fun time as they laughed, all of them sleighed after Jack who created an ice run in the middle of the street. It looked like Jack was having the time of his life as he and Jamie both shared multiple glances.

Jamie is a special kid to him, actually the first who believed in him. That is not nothing.

A loud gasp came out of the mouth of a bypassing man who walked down the street who saw the sudden ice forming.

The guardians and Jamie careened through a loop de loop as they all whooped. After that they all flew through the air, throwing a snowball at the window that belonged to Cupcake.

The brunette instantly opened her eyes at the sound before she sat up right in her bed, taking in the sight before her. It was snowing in her room. Not a moment later, both of her eyes twinkled with Jack's snow.

The same happens at Pippa's house. Pippa heard a knock on her door when she saw her friend floating in the air. She quickly made her way to the window and opened it.

Confusion was written on her face. "Jamie, how are you doing that?"

With a happy look on his face Jamie was excitingly talking to Peppa. "Jack Frost, come on we need your help!"

As Jamie flew away, Pippa also got the twinkling sensation in both of her eyes. Suddenly, Jamie was holding onto a teenage boy with a wooden staff. Pippa could not believe what she saw. "Hey, i- is that?

At another house, Monty was excitingly standing behind his window. "Jack Frost! He was zipping up his green jacket before he putted his glasses in a right position on his face.

Claude and Caleb were also sitting in both of their beds when the snow started to appear in their bedroom. Presents piled up as both boys heard the booming voice of North outside.

"Merry Christmas!"

"Happy Easter!"

They ran to their window and saw Santa Claus, Mother Nature, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy sledding throughout the street.

"Don't forget to floss- "

"Or water your plants!" Nixie yelled after Tooth as she slides down together with North laughing as both boys were practically hanging out of the window with their mouths hanging wide open.

"Cupcake?" Both boys said simultaneously confused. Cupcake was sledding with some of their friends behind her, all laughing and whooping as they slide through the neighborhood.

"You were right, Jamie.!" Pippa laughed as she held a strong grip on her sleigh.

"They're all real!"

They all stopped sliding after a moment as a huge dark cloud was hanging above the town. Nixie stepped of the pallet and went to stand beside Jack. A whole army of nightmares were galloping their way as Pitch's laugh echoed through the air. He was sitting on his nightmare, standing tall on one of the buildings.

Jack's eyes widened, as both he and Nixie shared a look with a hint of fear in them. He nodded at her, trying to comfort her. They all looked up into the dark sky that was filled with whinnying nightmares.

It seems that everyone's mood just darkened with the exception of Monty who was whooping and yelling. But when he caught a glimpse of what was ahead of him, he screamed. Running behind North for safety.

"You think a few children can help you? Against this?" Pitch was referring to the army of mares that at this moment swallowed almost the whole town. North tried to hold up his sword, but not two seconds later, a groan escaped his mouth as is arm directly fell down due to the weight of the sword.

Nixie tried to shoot an arrow at Pitch, but it had no use. All of the children looked scared, including Jamie.

Jack turned around, facing the brown-haired boy. "There just bad dreams, Jamie."

"And we'll protect you, mate." Bunny added confidently, but when he laid his eyes on Pitch the fear was evident in his eyes. Much to Pitch's amusement.

"Aw, you'll protect them? But who will protect you?" Pitch laughed again. Jack was having enough as he started to take a step forward. Jamie had other plans as the child got in front of him.

"I will." Jamie said bravely as Nixie felt so grateful for that child, for all of them actually.

"I will." Cupcake said as she also made her way to the front of the crowd. The two brothers, Caleb and Claude also joined their two friends. Pippa also made herself present at the front. "And me." All of them filled with determination.

Monty was the only one who was skeptical of this whole situation as he made his way to join his friends. "I- I'll try."

Nixie mentally facepalmed herself, and if she wasn't in this situation right now, she would have laughed. Monty is a mood.

Jack and Jamie both shared a look. Jack looked concerned as Nixie grabbed his hand. 

"Still think that there is no such thing as the Boogeyman?" The nightmares were coming closer and closer. There was no way to get out of there, they were trapped.

Jamie looked up at the evil spirit. "I do believe in you. I'm just not afraid of you." A tsunami of nightmares came crashing down into the direction of them, but when Jamie and the other children touched the sand, it turned into the normal golden color.

The dream sand exploded in all different directions as everyone got excited at the sight before them. Pitch was to say it nicely, not so amused.

Tooth was laughing as she got her powers again, flapping her wings happily while looking around her. Cupcake whooped and cheered at Tooth as the Fairy flew into the air.

North got spontaneously colour on his face, the greyish tint disappearing, and a laugh escaped his lips. He held both of his swords up as Nixie ran to him and hugged the big man. Monty was getting crazy at the sight of Santa and screamed again, this time though in a happy manner. "WHOO!"

In the meantime, Pitch was fuming on the in and outside. "No! Get them! Do your jobs!" He yelled at his nightmares. the creatures did as they were told and galloped into the direction of the guardians.

Bunny was the last one who had not his powers back and could not wait as his he wiggled his little rodent body in excitement. "Oh yeah, come on, come on!"

Not a second later, the nightmares came in big numbers. Chasing the rabbit, Bunny hopped away, screaming. "Oh Crikee!"

Nixie was gathering her powers, she felt herself getting stronger. She started to create lightning. When the power of the lightning was enough, she released it with all of her anger within it on the nightmares, resulting that a lot of them did not ever will see the daylight again.

A huge breath escaped her mouth, clapping her hands. "That felt good."