❄ Chapter 26 ❄

Sandy created some whips out of sand as he tried to attack Pitch, he was enraged that the evil man stole his power to use it for the bad. As Pitch dodged every whip, he got his scythe in his hands. Attacking Sandy, Pitch swung his scythe into the air but fails as Sandy catched his right wrist. Pitch got launched up into the air, he hit a couple of walls before he crashed onto a car.

The alarm of the car could be heard in the silence of the night as Pitch lied down onto the street on his side.

Sandy stood still onto the roof with a determined look on his face as he dusted off his hands. Jack appeared next to him as he was very impressed.

"Remind me not to get on your bad side."  Sandy flew down to the ground as Jack followed him to Pitch who was still on the ground.

"Okay, easy! You can't blame me for trying, Sandy! You don't know what it's like to be weak and hated!" Pitch started to crawl backwards as Sandy came closer and closer with an angry look on his normal friendly face. Pitch stood up as he continued.

"It was stupid of me, to mess with your dreams. So, I'll tell you what." Something changed in Pitch as he said those words. His look in his eye s darkened as the look of hatred formed on his face.

"You can have 'em back." Jack looked at Pitch and at that moment he thought about Nixie's stories, Pitch was capable of terrible things. Sandy only looked angrier as the whinnying of nightmares could be heard behind them.

Suddenly nightmares appeared out of nowhere, everywhere around them, surrounding them as Sandy and Jack took both defensive stances to protect themselves if needed.

The nightmares came closer and closer as the two males looked around with what looked like a glint of nervousness.

"You... take the ones on the left, I'll take the ones on the right?"

Pitch appeared before them, sitting onto one of the nightmares with his murderous look on his face. A moment of silence before the storm could be experienced as Pitch looked at the two guardians before them.

"Boo!" As a signal the nightmares began to attack as Sandy again created his whips to hold them off.

Jack's ears perked up at the sound of jingling of Christmas bells. The sleigh could be seen flying over, as a result a look of confusion was evident on the greyish face of Pitch.

"Huh?"

The sleigh crashed into all kind of things as it made contact with the ground. The problem was that still everyone in the sleigh dozed off again due to the dream sand as the sleigh again took off into the air. Nixie was laying onto Bunny as they were still fast asleep.

Not a moment later the sleight hit the top of a building as they all got startled awake.

Bunny made some weird noises as Tooth got a few inches up into the air, as a result she landed in a different positioning in the sleigh.

On the contrary, Nixie got launched into the air as she still was kind of sleepy. Her body flew through the air as a scream could be heard out of her mouth.

Everyone in the sleigh had a look of shock on their faces as the girl descended. "NIX!" Bunny looked over the railing as his fear of heights again started to form in him.

The scream could be heard where Jack and Sandy where standing as they saw a body falling from the sky. Nixie started to panic as she tried to shoot a vine into the direction of a building but missed due to the dream sand. "HELP ME!"

Jack's ears perked up as a look of shock formed onto his face.

Pitch grinned as he saw the girl falling, finally his plan was working, and he didn't even have to do something.

Sandy didn't hesitate one moment before he launched himself up into the air, grabbing jack with him.

The further the two got up into the air, the colder the atmosphere turned around them.

Sandy tossed Jack away to grab the still falling Nixie just in time. Bunny let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

Jack was holding with one arm Nixie to his chest as he held his wooden stick in the other. Their bodies were presses together as they floated into the air, between the dark clouds. A nightmare followed Jack which he knocked away.

"Are you alright?" He asked as Nixie was still kind of in shock but answered anyway.

"Yeah, I think so. Thank you." Nixie had a smile on her face that hold nothing more than pure gratefulness.

The dream sand was now luckily completely elaborated as her senses came fully back. Jack's blue eyes looked into her green ones as Nixie kissed his cheek in a quick manner. Jack was kind of startled by her action as a grin appeared on his face but, before he even had the chance to do something, another nightmare hurled into the direction of the two.

His eyes widened as he yelled, "DUCK!"  Nixie did what she was told and ducked just in time as her anger grew towards the evil man. Tooth who was now fully awake as well, flew towards Jack and Nixie to help them. She spiraled through multiple nightmares as Jack knocked some with his stick. Nixie got some with her vines as her anger grew and grew.

Pitch who was onto the ground was disgusted with the fact that Jack was just in time to grab Nixie, but alas, he thought. There was one dying tonight no matter who it was. A grin formed onto his face as a couple of chuckled escaped his lips. "Hahahaha!"

Pitched laughed evilly as he directed the nightmares in the air. He galloped up into the air as Bunny jumped off the sleigh. He was angry as he attacked some nightmares before he landed onto the street. Bunny slashed some nightmares with his boomerang along with his knife.

After a couple of moments, he jumped up into the air to only be picked up by North who was driving the sleigh.

North grabbed his swords as he let out a loud laugh before slashing some nightmare while he was standing on the front of the sleigh.

Jack and Nixie who were still up into the air where still trying to dodge and attack the nightmares that were launching at the two teenagers. Two nightmares where coming for them in opposite ways.

"Hold on me tight." Jack said to her as Nixie did so. The platinum haired teenager couldn't fly like Tooth or Jack. The ice boy dropped through the air into a freefall as the two nightmares crashed into each other. As Nixie closed her eyes, another nightmare attacked them and both teens where disoriented as Nixie got launched off Jack.

Jack loses his staff before he was grasping for the object as he was freefalling through the air. After a moment he got it, he landed back into the side of the sleigh, seeing Nixie sitting next to Bunny as she smiled at him.

"You might wanna duck." Bunny said in a smug manner as the whinnying of a nightmare could be heard behind the teenager.

Before the creature could come close to them, Bunny's boomerang smashed through it as it made its way back to Bunny's hand who grabbed it out of thin air.

The rodent gave Jack a smirk and winked as Nixie cheered.