❄ Chapter 28 ❄

Tooth placed a candle on the guardian's symbol, the Sandman's logo was engraved proudly in gold. North, Bunny and Nixie stood around it in a sad manner, tears slipped Nixie her cheek. This wasn't fair.

Toot looked over at North who shuts his eyes. Grief was written over everyone's faces.

Elves stood behind the four guardians as Yeti's stood behind them, a serious, sad look on all of their furry faces. Bunny was almost crying as Nixie took his paw, giving him a sad smile. Tooth took Bunny's other paw as North took Tooth's and Nixie's hand. They stood in a circle of sadness and quietness. A peaceful moment, only the sound of the bells could be heard as the elves nodded their heads along with the awful sound of sobbing.

Nixie let her tears flow over her face as her eyes were red and puffy. It was as if her memories were played over again, someone got killed of her family by Pitch. And again, she wasn't able to save the person in need. One yeti from the circle around them sniffed and got comforted by a yeti that stood beside him.

Nixie was kind of confused as to why Jack wasn't present but, she could understand it in a way or another. Sometimes she wants to be alone too, to think. The only thing was that she couldn't find it in her heart to let someone grief on their own, Jack tried so hard to save Sandy.

After the ceremony, Nixie went to North's workshop as she had a gut feeling that Jack would be there. She opened the door slowly to only show Jack sitting in the bay window. It was one of her favorite places to think.

His blue hood was up as he created some frost on a window.

"Are you alright, Jack?" Nixie came sitting beside him as he showed his face, he had been crying, just like her. The similarity was visible as both their eyes were teary and red. Her heart broke at the sight before her as she hugged him.

"I just can't believe he's gone..." Jack whispered as his chin rested on her head.

"Me neither. It is as if everything played over again..." The girl gave a big sigh as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"I just, I wish I could've done something." He was cut off by Nixie who looked him in the eye.

"Done something? Jack, I didn't know what happened back there but... we did what we could..."

"But Sandy- "The ice boy was again cut off by her.

"Would be proud of what we've done. I don't know who you were in your past life but, in this life you are a guardian, Jack." She had a serious expression on her face. She placed a hand on his shoulder.

"How can I know who I am, until I found out who I was?" He looked at her as an idea popped into her mind.

"I have to show you something..." Her dark eyebrows lifted as she thought about the 'center talk' that she had yet to finish.

She took his hand as Jack pulled off his hood to reveal his white locks.

"Where are we going?" A look of confusion was written on Jack's face.

"My place." Curiosity bubbled up inside Jack as he was interested to see where Nixie spends her days at the pole. She leaded him to another side of the building as snow was falling rapidly outside, it was getting dark soon as the lights started to glow around them.

They stopped before an oak tree colored door that was entangled with twigs, vines and leaves. Nixie flicked her wrist as some of the vines started to move, they unlocked the door. Nixie opened them to reveal a cozy room that was filled with plants around them. Earthy colors filled the room along with fairy lights that gave a warm tone to the room.