❄ Chapter 24 ❄

THREE MONTHS BEFORE PITCH'S INVASION...

"Now, close your eyes." The brown-haired boy said to his girlfriend. The dark green-eyed girl did as she was told as a huge smile appeared on her face. Spring was evident in the nature around them as the temperature grew warmer by every passing day.

The trees were full covered in blossom and butterflies flew around them in a passionate dance.

It was late in the afternoon as Jack had a surprise for Nixie her birthday, which was in the end of April. "Okay, now I'm gonna lead you to the surprise."

Nixie chuckled as she felt two hands on her shoulders, she was gently pushed forward. "Must I trust you with these kinds of things? How do I know that I'm not gonna end up in a lake or something?"

Jack grinned as he still pushed her forwards.

"Believe me, you're gonna love this, but... wouldn't it be romantic to have a late-night swim?" A look of mischief formed on his face along with something else.

"Maybe..." Nixie tried to mock him as she shrugged her shoulders, she felt Jack halting after a moment.

"Okay, we're here. You can open your eyes."

Nixie's adjusted to the light as she squinted her eyes a bit. The view was breathtaking, it was a small clearing in the middle of trees as a little blanket was spread on the floor along with some candles. Flowers surrounded the place as the soft sound the babbling water could be heard from the river nearby.

"You like it?" Nixie's mouth fell open as she putted her arms around his neck, she hugged him lovingly as Jack smiled.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I LOVE it!"

Jack kissed her as he felt the smile on her mouth. His hand ran through her dark-blond hair as she putted her hand on his cheek.

"Come." Jack grabbed her hand after they broke the kiss and dragged her along with him. The two teens sat down and enjoyed each other's company.

❄️❄️❄️

All the guardians were shocked as Nixie still sat on North's shoulders. "Oh no." Could be heard from North's mouth as the rest had eyed widened as Jamie got awake, caused by the commotion in his room.

Jami looked confused at first but after a moment he seemed to recognize the people that were standing in his room.  The light kept shining on North and Nixie as the Russian man still stood still with his hands in a defensive manner.

Jamie's eyes widened.

"Santa Claus," His brown eyes looked at the girl who sat on Norths shoulders as he kept thinking about who it could be.

Nixie furrowed her eyebrows, most kids stopped believing in her after she stayed for a long time in the pole. The children that believed in her then grew up into adults, in this generation there were a small number of children who believed in the 'myth' of Mother Nature. Most of the times it was 'just an expression' that people used nowadays.

"Mother Nature? I Knew you were real!" Jamie tried as Nixie nodded gratefully, her smile couldn't be happier as she finally after a long time felt believed in.

"The Easter Bunny?" Bunny squinted his eyes a bit as the light shown into his face. "Sandman," Sandy waved at Jamie as a smile appeared on his golden face.

"The Tooth fairy! I knew you'd come!" Tooth looked a little uncomfortable as Jamie couldn't see Jack standing before him.

Nixie looked with a sad expression towards Jack, he didn't see her looking though as he was too fixated to the thought of being believed in.

"Surprise! We came!" Tooth chuckled nervously as she felt very uncomfortable.

"He can see us?" Jack's eyes sparkled with hope as Jamie inhaled deeply, having to let this sink in. "Most of us." Bunny replied as Nixie slapped him on his arm with her bow in her hand. He gave a yelp before he rubbed his arm on the place that Nixie slapped him. Jamie turned the flashlight towards the place where Jack stood but Jamie couldn't see the Ice boy standing in his room.

Jack's eyes lost hope that very second as Nixie climbed off North his shoulders. She placed a hand on his shoulder before giving him a hug. Jack inhaled the scent of lavender as he placed his hand on her back.

Tooth shushed the other guardians as she flew a bit into the air.

"Ssh, you guys! He's still awake!"  Bunny looked determined as he looked down to his golden friend.

"Sandy, knock him out!"  Sandy got him wrong as he pouted his fist together, as a result Jamie looked confused with the idea of the Sandman knocking him out like that.

Bunny looked slightly irritated as Nixie slapped her forehead with her hand.

"With the dream sand, ya' gumbies!" Nixie said to Sandy as the golden male turned around.

Before anyone could say something else, Jamie's dog was growling towards Bunny. Bunny paralyzed with fear as he looked in the eyes of the growling dog before him.

"No stop, that's the Easter Bunny! What're you doing Abby? Down!" Jamie tried to command his dog, but it didn't help.

"Alright, nobody panic." Bunny put his sack with teeth on the ground next to him as he stood in a defensive manner in order not to madden the dog even more. Even the existence of Bunny in the room angered the dog as it though he was an intruder.

"You're the only one who is panicking now, Bun." Nixie lifted her eyebrow as she received an angry glare from her companion.

Nixie couldn't hold her chuckles as she knew how frightened her best friends was of dogs, especially greyhounds, considering that he prayed for his dear life when the Man in the Moon choose a new guardian.

And again, Jack saw another chance to irritate Bunny as he pointed with his left hand to the dog, his right hand still held his wooden stick.

"But that's a, uhm, that's a greyhound. Do you know what greyhounds do to rabbits?" A mischievous smirk appeared on his face as he looked at a chuckling Nixie who was holding onto her bow.

Bunny started to defend himself in order to keep his reputation as a 'fearless' type of rabbit.

"Well, I think it's a pretty safe bet he's never met a rabbit like me."

"Here we go again..." Nixie let out a deep breath as she counted from three to one with her fingers, she knew what lecture he was going to give about himself.

Sandy looked with an unconvinced look to his tall furry friend as he prepared a ball in his hand that existed out of dream sand. When Nixie was at zero, she pointed towards Bunny.

"Show time." She muttered as Jack grinned at her.

Tooth chuckled to Nixie as she putted her hand before her mouth.

Bunny continued, "Six-foot-one, nerves of steel, Master of Tai Chi, and- "

Bunny was interrupted when an idea popped into Jack his mind. He hit Jamie's alarm clock with his stick as the said thing started to take off, creating a loud noise in the room.

Abby who was already enraged, started to attack Bunny when the noise started.  "Crikee! Ahh!" Bunny started to bounce around the room, trying to get away from Abby as Nixie was almost on the ground as she couldn't hold her laugh anymore.

Sandy who had the ball full of sleep sand in his hand, almost tumbled over as the ball almost fell out his hands.

"Stop! Wait! Slow down!" Jamie tried to talk to his dog but, Abby didn't listen as the animal kept chasing Bunny.

"Woah ho ho! Sand- "Bunny tried to call for Sandy's help as he still hopped around the room.

"Sandy!" North yelled as Bunny got past him. It was a complete chaos in the room.

"What an achievement that nobody woke up already." Nixie wiped her tears away as she kept laughing.

Sandy tried to aim the ball for Abby as he got knocked over by Abby. The ball made out of dream sand hits Tooth along with the baby fairies that were flying around her. They fell onto the floor, peacefully asleep as sand in the form of teeth started to float above her head as she slept.