❄ Chapter 7 ❄

Jack and Nixie smiled at each other. Jack sat on his staff while nixie stood on the ground, both perched in between the children to make it look like as if it came from one of the kids. They gave each other a high five. Nixie grinned widely to Jack which he returned.

Their eyes locked for a moment before they heard the sound of Cupcake laughing. Their plan had worked.

Cupcake her eyes sparkled, screaming with mischief when she ran after the other kids with the head of the snowman in her hands that were up in the air. All the kids laughed as they ran away from her playfully.

Jack laughed at the kids. ''Can you fly?'' He asked Nixie. ''No... why?'' Nixie asked while she had the giggles. She couldn't stop laughing at everything. ''No reason.'' Jack smirked as he picked her up and flew up in the air.

Normally Nixie didn't approve this kind of actions but now, she just didn't care. ''Hold on to me tightly.'' Jack said to her as Nixie nodded in between giggles. The enchantment that Jack putted on her still hadn't decreased for a bit.

''Little slippery!" Jack yelled at the kids. He created an ice run in front of Jamie who fell forward on his sleigh. The other children looked shocked as they saw their friend sleighing away onto the ice run. "Jamie!" They yelled simultaneously. ''That's the street!" Pippa yelled scared.

Jamie flew up into the air. ''WOAH!" He came with a thud back onto the ground. Jack flew with Nixie on his back the entire time as he created more ice in between cars that rode on the street. "Woah, don't worry, kid, I gotcha. Hold on! It's gonna be alright!"

A couch and some other boxes flew out of a truck behind Jamie on the ice run. They dodged all kind of cars as they made their way further onto the road.

Jamie shouted as he grabbed with one hand his beanie so it would stay in place.

"Keep up with me, kid! Take a left!" They made a sharp turn towards the left street. Nixie increased her grip on Jack his sweater but didn't held it as she fell to the ground.

Fortunately, she fell on the red couch that was still behind Jamie on the ice run.  Things were still twinkling around her but less than before.

Jack yelped as he saw the girl falling on the red couch. He released a breath that he didn't know he was holding. Nixie giggled as she laid on it, still behind on the ice run behind Jamie.

Jamie flew over a big heap of sand and took another turn to the left into the other street. The boy started to panic for a moment when he started to cross the sidewalk.

"Oh no no no no no!"  As he passed a couple of pedestrians a lady could be heard. "Is that Jamie Bennett?" Another male pedestrian was yelling towards Jamie. "Hey! Watch it!" Jamie his face glowed up from fear to smiling as he made his way.

"There you go!" Jack made the ice run diagonally over the road towards a statue when a car came in their way. Jack made a ramp out of ice when he didn't saw another way. ''Woah!"

Jamie screamed as he flew up in the air caused by the ramp that Jack made with his ice. He landed in front of a statue with a loud thud in the snow.  Jack squatted while he stood on the statue, cheering and whooping as the other kids came towards Jamie in a chocked manner. ''Oh my gosh..." Pippa murmured. ''Jamie- Jamie, are you alright?''

Jamie stood up in an exited manner while smiling victoriously at his friends. Jack looked at Jamie while a genuine smile on his face.

"Woah ho ho! Did you guys see that? It was amazing! I slid- I did a jump! And- and I slid under- "

The couch that followed Jamie over the ice run with a screaming Nixie on it slides into the boy and knocks him over. So hard that Nixie flew out of it, she created a thick vine and aimed it towards the statue.

The vine took its hold onto the statue as Nixie grabbed it and flew back towards it. Agile as she is, she landed on the statue on her two feet. Panting as she gave a look towards Jack. It said 'I'm gonna get you back'.

The enchantment was definitely not working anymore.

As Jack looked with a pained expression towards Jamie, he murmured a 'whoops'. The children gasped at the scene before them.  Jamie's hand flew upwards as he held a tooth in it.

''Cool, a tooth!"

Claude looked relieved as he saw that his friend was fine. "Dude! That means cash!" The children started to conversate with one another as Jamie mentioned something about the Tooth Fairy.

"Ah no..." Jack looked down as the kids made their way towards home. Nixie felt kind of sad for him. He tries so many ways to be believed in, yet nothing works. She jumped off the statue following Jack.

''I gotta put this under my pillow!" Jamie said in a proud manner to his friends.

"Oh wait a minute, come on- Hold on, hold on! What about all the fun we just had? That wasn't the Tooth Fairy, that was me!"

Jack flew towards the children, landing before the walking group. "'S a guy gonna do to get a little attention around here?"

The chatting children walked literally right through him as he talked. Jack looked very sad and also very frustrated that he puts so much effort in the children, yet he gets nothing in reward.

Nixie created another vine and swung towards him. With a sad expression Jack looked at her when she stood before him, all the anger that she felt after the enchantment was broken vanished. His ice blue eyes looked lifeless for a second.

She only felt sad for him, but she had, still has, a task. Bring Jack to the Pole. "Ja- "She tried to say but Jack cuts her off.

"I'm sorry." He flew away with a pained expression on his face that Nixie would never forget. If this plan didn't work out, then Bunny would get it his way. Kidnapping Jack, If only he would listen to her... Nixie felt kind of guilty as she made her way back to the Pole.