❄ Chapter 10 ❄

Sandy looked really excited to tell Jack why he was brought to the Pole. He started to create symbols over his head, unfortunately he wanted to tell so many things that Jack couldn't keep up with him.

Jack looked confused as Sandy tried to tell his story as he cut the Sandman off. "Uh, eh- the- that's not really helping, but- but thanks little man." Sandy looked quite sad that he wasn't the one that could tell the interesting story to the new guardian. Nixie chuckled at the name 'little man', she was gonna remember that.

Jack rose as he walked away with his back to the five, tapping with his stick on an elf, making it freeze immediately. "I must've done something really bad to get you five together- Wha? Am I on the Naughty list?" His voice cracked when he said the last part. Jack tried to look as innocent as he could be before his smirk reappeared again on his pale face.

North immediately responded as he heard the words Naught List. "Hah! On Naughty List? You hold record. Even more than Bunny and Nixie caused, together! But! No matter, we overlook. Now we are wiping clean the slate." North made a couple of hand gestures as he rubbed his arm with the word naughty on it to indicate that he would clean his name.

"He never cleaned our names when we became guardians..." Nixie whispered to Bunny who chuckled in response. He nodded with his head in agreement with the teenager.

"How come?" Jack lifted his eyebrow up as he was skeptical about the whole situation.

"Hah, good question." Bunny replied.

Nixie sighed as she knew what was coming. The 'welcome' ritual. "Here we go again..."

*Flashback*

Nixie was really confused and also a bit excited as she was going to learn about her new abilities as she made her way to a place called the 'Pole'. She was approached by a woman who was called the Tooth Fairy.

A moment earlier...

"Hi, you're Mother Nature, right? My name is Tooth." Tooth excitedly introduced herself. Nixie didn't know if she had to trust her or not. The teenager nodded skeptically. "Yes... How do you know that?"

"I'm the Tooth Fairy. A Guardian... just like you." Nixie looked confused as she looked at the woman with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I think there has to be a mistake. I'm not a guardian." Nixie shook her head, she wanted to walk away from the weird encounter, but Tooth flew before her.

"Listen, it is very important that you come with me right now... Nixie." Tooth looked desperately, she hoped that the girl would listen. Nixie looked shocked, the strange woman-like figure knew her name. Was she an enemy?

The teenager created vines around Tooth in less than a second.

"How do you know my name?!" Nixie demanded to get answers out of the stranger. Tooth struggled to get out of the vines without any success.

"Everything is going to be explained at the Pole, dear." Tooth panted to get air as the vines tightened around her body. Guilt started to form within Nixie.

"Please, I mean no harm." 'What am I doing?'

Nixie flicked her wrist and the vines loosened before completely disappearing. She looked another time at Tooth, squinting her eyes. 'Maybe I should give her a chance.'

She wanted more answers about what happened to her. She had no memories of her life before she 'awakened' in the forest one year ago.

"You promise that nothing is going to happen to me?" A moment later Tooth responded. She had to get her breath back as she panted heavily, rubbing her neck where the vines were. "I promise you."

So that was the beginning of their journey, of Nixie her journey to the Pole. When she and Tooth arrived, there was a giant rabbit, looking uninterested at his boomerang in his hands. Secondly stood a little guy that was practically golden of colour and looked like he was made out of Sand. And Lastly a big pale skinned man with a red outfit, tattoos on his arms and a beard stood in the place.

She really didn't know what to expect from this. "Tooth! How was journey?" The big man asked the fairy in a Russian accent. "It was fine, I guess. I have her with me." The first part of her 'journey' wasn't really a success as Tooth remembered the tight vines around her neck, the last part on the contrary was announced excitedly.

Nixie looked around her. On her left stood a giant globe like thing, lighted dots shining proudly on it. She really wanted to check it out further, but her thoughts were interrupted by the Russian man.

"I understand you have much questions." Nixie nodded as she looked at the colossal man.

She was not very tall herself, you could say that she was even a tiny bit intimidated by him.

"Let's start with, who are we?" He mentioned towards the other three figures. An awkward moment took place as everyone waited for North to speak.

"Mother Nature, I proudly present you... The Easter Bunny, the Sandman, the Toothfairy and I'm North." The colossal man winked at her while stretching out his big hand.
He shook hers as her tiny hand almost cracked by his strong grip.

"And now... the Guardian ritual!" He made big hand gestures as he told his story. Suddenly trumpets could be heard, the drums were also included.

Nixie looked very confused at the scene before her. Suddenly North had a thick book in his hands in which he started to read aloud. Elves were dancing around him and the big hairy creatures called the Yeti's turned on poi sticks.

"Will you, Mother Nature. Better known as Nixie Silverbow, promise to protect the children of the world, in good times and bad times? Will you fight for the good side even if we're surrounded by Dark times? Will you use your powers for the greater good and join our team to battle against evil?" North looked at her with a serious manner, his eyebrows frowned.

Nixie looked dumbfounded at the whole shebang before her. Her mouth fell open in disbelief. She just wanted to get this over with. She hesitantly replied. "Uhm... I Guess?" Bunny chuckled at her while Sandy fell asleep a couple of moments ago.

"First of all, let's clear one thing. I want to be called Nixie. Not any Guardian name, understood?" A moment of silence followed.

"Welcome to team!" North announced excitedly.

*end flashback*

"How come? I tell you how come! Because now, you are Guardian!" North pointed to Jack. Nixie chuckled at North. He could always bring such big things so... 'subtle'. The Yeti's who stood behind North lifted burning poi sticks in the air as the sound of trumpets and drums could be heard.

Nixie felt kind of guilty as she saw the confused look on Jack's face. He didn't want all of this. He freaked out as two little tooth fairies where bringing him a snowflake neckless that was cut out of paper.

North chuckled as he was really excited. "This is the best part! Ask Nixie!" The ritual continued as the elves marched around, North joining them as he music still played.

The Yeti's with the poi sticks walked to Jack, rotating the stick in their hands. Jack was being propped in the middle of the Guardian emblem. Nixie and Bunny chuckled and eventually couldn't hold their laugh anymore as they saw the confused face of jack when two elves wanted to give him a pair of shoes.

A book was given to North by a Yeti with a little bow. He searched for the right page, the same page he used with Nixie her ritual and probably the same that was used with the other guardians. Jack's anger started to boil in him as the tooth fairies swoon.

Sandy toasted with a glass in his hand as Bunny sighed. Jack met Nixie her eyes as she gave him a reassuring nod that said; 'It's almost done, don't worry."