16

I heard her tusk down at me and felt her drop my chin. Instantly I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. However, I decided to open my eyes and keep my gaze firmly on the forest floor. 

I felt her eyes on me and Derek. She was so calm compared to myself. I really don't know what's about to happen. She can't kill me for walking too close to her border...but finding me alone with her son?...yeah that's not good. 

She sighed in almost disappointment at us. "I'm about to have tea with Satomi, she's an ally to my pack".

It took everything in me not to roll my eyes. Yeah, everyone knows who Satomi is. My mother can't stand her and my father is well, pleasent with her. But she's a weird alpha. While our pack is run off fear, hers is run off inner peace. My pack looks at Satomi as if she's one big joke and we're grateful that a pack so different from us is allies with the Hale's.

I felt a hand being placed firmly onto my shoulder and only looked into Tahlia's face once she extended her claws. "The of two you should join us, seeing as you've both decided to clear your day".

I felt the blood drain from my face. No!. "I-I was actually just about to drag myself and your son back to school, a-and we really should get going". 

Tahlia raised an eyebrow at me, followed by a pointed look. "I wasn't asking".

I swallowed, my hand now squeezing the life out of Derek's. I can't directly refuse an alpha, especially not one as powerful as Tahlia. "B-but I'd be breaking the feud".

Tahlia tusked in amusement. "Wouldn't be the first time".

Fuck.....

She turned around and had already started walking into her territory, my eyes still wide with fear. I felt Derek shrug beside me and start to walk yet I pulled back on his hand in exasperation. "No! No way!. I'll die, if I go in there she's going to kill me with Satomi as her witness!".

Derek sighed and hugged me while I tried not to shake in fear. "She'll know if you're missing. It's tea. You're invited and she's an alpha you can't exactly refuse her. It might start something".

I scoffed. Me? Start something with a powerful alpha that could escalate the feud all because I refused tea?!?...

I shook my head. "My family would smell your pack's scent on me if I go in there".

He nodded in fake consideration. "Then it's a good thing showers exist".

I growled lightly. "If my father invited you to willing walk into our territory for a chat, would you?".

He instantly frowned. "No, I'm not suicidal".

It's like he can't even see the danger!. I scoffed. "Exactly!. I'm not going into your territory for a cup of tea with Tahlia Hale!".

I didn't even look at him before turning on my heels and running to the one place I knew no one would come looking for me. That's right, I, Avery Wood went to school. 

I'm just going to say it. I hate school. I'm stuck in the parking lot watching my sister sucking faces with her human chew toy. I sighed loudly. I then growled loudly. Which did nothing but frighten Aaron and cause Anna to growl back at me in warning.

Aaron gave her a confused look which only drives my point home that humans aren't a hundred percent oblivious. 

Anna's eyes narrowed at me. "Avery, walk home".

I scoffed. That little bitch. She was back to sucking face and I growled before turning on my heel dramatically and stomping my way into the woods behind the school.