8

I kissed Derek Hale.

Me. Avery Wood. Kissed. A. Hale!

I had maybe two minutes before Anna pulls up to school and I'm wreck. She knows I'm wreck because my heart keeps beating way too fast. I ignored Anna's concerend glances she was shooting me in the review mirror. I just have to somehow contain my rapidly beating heart. I needed a plan.

My plan is to ignore it. If we get caught then we most likely both die. Therfore it was just a stupid mistake. A mistake that Hale totally started. 

Anna huffed as she parked and stared me down. "Whats up with you? I can smell your anxiety from here". 

I swallowed before concentrating on resting my pulse. "Just have a maths test this morning that I didn't study for". 

She side eyed me before rolling her eyes. "Whatever. Just don't dawdle after school today, I'm meeting Aaron at four and don't need your ass making me late".

I turned to her with a smirk. "Does Sir know you're dating a human?"

She glared lightly at me. "You rat me out and your ass walks to school". With that she hopped out of the car, completly ignoring me. She's lovley my sister. I clicked my tongue in annoyance before grabbing my bag and making my way into the building.

Well here it goes. Just like any normal day, nothings really changed between myself and Hale. We just kissed once in the woods. I was obviously not in-control, no idea what his excuse will be but since I'm ignoring him, I guess I'll never know. 

I suddenly felt a tug on my arm and I was pulled into the nearest classroom. I stared back at Hale's green eyes in confusion. He sighed before pulling me into a hug.

Woah. No. I pushed him off me and raised an eyebrow at him. "I didn't sign up for this!"

He smirked down at me. "Sign up for what?"

I sighed in annoyance. "Hugging in the middle of school. My sister and your sister could see us. They'd rat us out and then our packs will..."

His hand cupped my cheek. "My sister wouldn't do that."

I bit my lip and shook my head at his naivety. "...mine would.  And my pack, they'd punish me accordingly".

He took a breath and gave me a small smile. "Punish you accordingly?"

I nodded. I wasn't going to explain. Hell, I didn't have to. He knows the kind of reputation and respect my pack has. It comes from a long line of tradition and with that comes pack above family, pack above eveything. The road is hard, but it is our road. We punish to survive but because we do so, we live. 

I took a shaky breath. "If they found out that I was even so much as talking to you civily, it would be enough for an entire pack meeting if not an intervention."

Hale inched his head closer to me until his lips were resting on my ear. "So you want to go back to hating me because it's easier. Safer. But I know you Wood. You live to make my life difficult, and don't kid yourself. You love the danger. To you it's the best part about this, that'll change soon though". He quickly kissed my cheek before swiftly leaving the room. I stood, a sweaty mess and I still hadn't rested my heart beat. So far I sucked at avoiding him. 

I couldn't focus on any of my classes. It didn't help that Hale was in nearly all of them and acting totally normal. As if he didn't kiss me in the woods or corner me before school. So I guess that's  technically good but I didn't like it because it was confusing. I don't like not knowing things. For example not knowing why Tahlia Hale saved my life or why her entire pack is suddenly civil with me or why her son is dare I say it... attracted to me. 

It has to be some kind of punishment, that was obvious. What I can't fathom is why I'm still going along with it. I don't think I even glared at Laura Hale today during her daily protective glances at me. Like I just expeceted it without question. And I'm not exactly opposing Hale and whatever it is that's going on between us. Maybe the Hale pack wants me to trust them and I'll be so relient on Derek that I'll wolf out in public. Exposure and betraying my own pack.  A double wammy. Yep, That's got to be it. 

"Wood".

I instantly lifted my head from my desk and I spotted the back of Derek Hale. Crap. Ignore him, that's the plan.

I heard him sigh and yet I didn't respond. "Not like you to pass up a fight, Is it getting confusing in that head of yours? I bet you're confused about me, my pack. Hell, maybe even my mother too".

That got me. I huffed and whispered. "No actully. I was just thinking how grand it'll be in two months when I can have a whole week off from staring at your disgusting face".

He chuckled from the front row. "Funny, you didn't find it too bad on Saturday or this morning for that matter".

I scoffed. "You shouldn't be encouraging it. It stops. Whatever this is stops now."

He didn't respond for a while until he did. "Your scared".

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not scared"

He chuckled silently again. "I can literally smell your fear from here".

Could he? My senses wern't that good. I was about to call his bluff before I rembered that his wolf is mature. Maybe he could. Anna could smell my anxiety this morning so...Derek could. Damn it. "I'm just bad at math and scared of what my family will do when they find out I'm failing".

"I'm sure that's it." His tone sounded so unconviced that I bit my lip in annoyance.

I went back to ingoring him. I had to focus on this damn test anyways. I suddenly felt seomthing connect with my head and found a little ball of paper. Really?

Are you mad?

- D.H

I growled a little under my breath before haistly writing my reply.

I'm suprised you can't smell it from all the way over there!

-A.W 

I re-read the note before hasitly scratching out my intials. He knows who sent it. I then threw it at Hale and it tapped his shoulder. It wasn't vey loud but because Derek was in the front row it got our teachers attention. 

The note was instantly picked up by Mr Harris who looked at Derek before inspecting my initials and then glared at me. Fuck I should've used white out. He looked at me in what could only be satisfaction. "Miss Wood and Mr Hale please escort yourselves to the principles office."

No. I rose my eyebrows at Mr Harris in panic. "But sir, If I don't finish the test then I'll fail".

He smiled widely at me. "Not to worry Miss Wood. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to re-take it during your Saturday detention. Now go".

I glared in Hale's direction before scrambling my stuff and marching out the room. If I wasn't mad before then I'm definitely mad now. 

Theres only six chairs outside the principles office and I'd stared Hale down until he rolled his eyes and took the one on the other end. 

A repcionist came over to us and looked us in disaproval. "Now because this isn't the first time the both of you have been sent here during Mr Harris' class, we need a parent present".

I felt the blood drain from my face instantly.

"That won't be necessary". I nooded at Hale's comment. Our Parents only gathered in the presence of the emisarry. I could imagine my father's distain about having a school meeting with Tahlia Hale about our behaviour.  I gulped, Two Alpha's in one room getting belittled by a human on their children's behaviour. Yeah, cause that'll go well. 

The recpionist scoffed. "Well, I've already called both your households and they're on their way now. I just thought I'd give you both a heads up". 

Derek and I turned to eachother with equal looks of panic. We're fucked.