27

That moning as I woke up I could hear multiple heartbeats. About an extra twenty of them to be exact...great.

I don't have anything against our allies. Normally I don't even mind the odd pack that choose to stay in our house for the duration of a ceremony. Sure, some of them are a bit more brutal over diplomatic. But I'm part of the Wood pack, I'm in no position to be judging pack brutality. Not when we're the face and leaders of it. 

But, by midnight tonight I'll be able to regonise my mate. And, granted if they're over sixteen then my mate can already recognise me. So, if that isn't motivation to stay wrapped in my blankets then I don't know what is.

Like, imagine walking down the stairs with no makeup and bed hair then some teenage werewolf swears himself to me for life?...yeah, not happening until I can recognise them back.

I don't want to pre-judge them and hate something about them only to overlook it at midnight due to a supernatural bond. That'd just be weird.

A knock sounded at my door and I covered my face in my pillow. "Go away".

I heard a scoff, followed by the door slamming open dramatically. I rolled my eyes from under my pillow. Two guesses who...

"Avery! What did I say about representing the family?"

I frowned and dropped my pillow to find mother with her arms crossed and eyebrows raised. I sighed. "Its not like they'd bother to listen to us of all people. Father maybe, but not my daily wake up call".

She blinked before she tusked at me. Her heels clicking annoyed me before she opended my curtains causing me to wince. "Breakfast is in twenty minutes and your presence is mandatory. Get up".

She salmmed the door in her wake and I quickly jumped up, closing my curtains. A whole day of mother parading me around like a pastry...fun times.

By the time I made it down stairs I was pulling on the sleeve of my new dress to hide my nerves. I heard a sigh behind me and turned to find Anna, casually resting on the railing of the stairs. "Ennis' pack is staying with us".

Okay...?. I don't see why that's got her so down in the dumps though. "He still mourning his Beta, then?".

She quickly shook her head and pointed up stairs. "Not here, I'll discuss it with you later".

Right, the sound proof room. I nodded though I think we both know that I'm last person today whose got a free minute to spare.

I bit my lip and rocked on the balls of my feet. "So...Alec talking to you yet?".

She slowly turned her head and stared at me before she tusked. "Nope".

I exhaled. Just when I thought today couldn't get anymore frustrating. "He'll come round".

She snorted. "He'll pretend to be friendly infront of the packs and then he'll go on ignoring me. Whatever just...lets go to this breakfast thing".

I nodded but paused. "Why are we only having breakfast with Ennis' pack?".

She paused mid step and stared at the celining in annoyance. "Later".

Shit, of course I'm idiot. I smiled sheepishly before following her to the dinning hall.

Breakfast was fine apart from my siblings being abnormally jumpy. Now I'm stuck in a room with my mother and grandmother while they force me into dresses. The dresses are designer and expensive so I don't hate them. I just hate that the family bought ten of them so now we need to narrow it down.