22

Aaron knows.

Its all I can think about. Worse yet, I don't even know how much he knows. Anna lied when she said that Aaron knows nothing.

Does that mean he knows everything or just a minor detail about us?!?

Like, does he know we're actually werewolves?. Or is he just under the impression that our family has very sensitive hearing?.

One thing is certain:

Anna's fucked up.

Which in my pack means she'll be punished accordingly. And Aaron?...I shudder to even think about. I bit my lip and listened to the many heartbeats in my house. I counted four. Mother, Grandfather, Grandmother and Alec...Alec!

I quickly left my room but stopped short at the top of the grand stair case. What am I doing? Whatever I do with this information is crucial to not only my pack but Derek too. Exposure can kill us all. And If histroy has taught us anything it's that humans when scared are capable of the worst monstrosities imaginable. 

But he needs to know. It's Alec, I know him. He wouldn't ever want Anna to go through what he did. I closed my eyes and exhaled to contain my fear. I know, despite everything he's supposed to be that he'll betray the pack for this. For the very thing that destroyed him. Future Alpha title be damned. He'll want to protect Anna from the same fate.

And he needs to know because this...I can't fix this on my own. Its too much, a human. How do I make sure her stupid boyfriend doesn't expose us?. How do I even have that conversation without exposing us even further to him?. How did I allow a member of my pack into a situation with the potential to break the feud?. A fued that I've broken countless times these past months...Tahlia won't forgive this. It's too much of slap in the face. We've abused her forgivness too much, well I have. 

God, if the Hales get a whiff of this we're screwed...

I felt someone gently squeeze my shoulder causing me to jump. An amused chuckle filled the air and I stared into the calm baby blue eyes of my brother. "You look as white as a ghost, mind calming down a bit?. My rooms starting to smell with the scent of your aniexty".

I opened my mouth and then closed it.  Anna is going to kill me. That didn't occur to me until now. She might even hate me. But she'll get over it, better than her six feet unde-

His grip hardend while his eyebrows creased. "Avery what's wrong?".

I sighed and opened my mouth only to quickly shut it before responding. "I-can't...". I indicated down the stairs where I know the other members of the pack were lurking. A wave of understanding crossed his features. "What me to drive you to the mall for ice cream?".

So out of character but if any of those three were listineing in unwelcomed then it wasn't any need for concern. I breathed out a high pitched laugh. "You have no idea".

The drive wasn't that long, Esepcially in Alec's mastang. My heart however was thumping at eighty miles an hour while Alec's was a steady beat. He's still blissfully unaware of the danger our pack is currently in.

Even as he rasies his eyebrows at me over his milkshake with a small smile, I still don't want to break that blissfullniss. But I have too, otherwise we're all dead. So I choke out...

"Aaronknowsomethingbutidontknowwhatandidontwanttodie".

He paused mid sip and tusked at me. "Yeah, I didn't get any of that".

I exhaled and took a deep breath before staring back at him in caution, milkshake forgotten. "Aaron Knows. Like knows, knows".

I could hear it, the subtle rise in volume; the beats louder, less steady and controlled. He swallowed and then gripped his cup so hard the top of the cup popped off. "And just who is Aaron?".

His voice was calm if not a little clipped on the end. As if Aaron is already the bane of his existence. I bit my lip. "Anna's human boyfriend".

And just like that, he closed his eyes and exhaled before shaking his head. Shaking it in disappointment. "I told her!. She's an idiot".

She's actually the smartest of us all. Alec didn't even get into Harved and had to go to Yale instead. I know she'll get in and I doubt I'll get into community college at this point let alone Ivy league. 

I didn't feel the need to remind him of that though, especially when he looks like he'll claw any unsuspecting human that walks past us to bits.

He nodded and slammed the cardboard cup on the table. "Okay, how much does he know?"

Without skipping a beat I answered. "I don't know".

He leaned in closer to me. "Did he see anything?".

I shook my head. "I don't know that either".

He leant back and scoffed. "Is there anything you do know?".

I shrugged. "All I know is that Anna lied. She said 'he knows nothing'." I made air quotes. "But she lied because her heart skipped a beat".

He nodded again. "So he knows something and we don't know what, or how much he knows".

I nodded back. "Exactly!".

He bit his lip in thought before staring down at me in warning. "Okay, we don't tell anyone but tonight we're going to meet up with Anna and we'll get to the bottom of it".

I smiled. I knew it. "So you're going to betray the pack?".

He cringed in amusment and tipped his head at me. "We're going to betray the pack".

Okay great, lets hope we don't end up getting ourselves killed.