32

"Come on, Come on pick up!".

I growled in annoyance yet again as I listened to Alec's voice mail. I've probably left fifty messages collectively to both Anna and Alec by this point.

I blew out a frustrated breath. What is it with wolves and never picking up their godamn phones!?!.

Standing in no-mans-land I let out a frustrated scream. They could be anywhere. Anna, isn't at school for probably the first time ever. The one time I need to find my sister and I have no clue as to where to start. 

Alec?, I don't even know what he does when I'm not a school. Apparently he has enough time on his hands to find secret rooms and sound proof them. I swallowed. Would he have gone with father to visit the Emissary this morning?.

Laura hadn't. But then again, our second in command is older and doesn't need to go to school. Oh fuck.

I stared out in the direction of my territory. If I go in there and fathers there than I'm not coming back out. At least not without being tortured first.

I bit my lip.  If I go in there before Alec and Anna aren't there then I can't help them. I'll be punished and they'll be sitting ducks as soon as they come hom-

"Avery".

I felt my breath leave me at the sound of her voice. Calm and collected but full of power. 

Thalia.

I gulped and turned to face her. 

She stood proud and patient. In a flowly navy dress and bare feet. Wild and beautiful. Her arms were crossed over her torso and her eyes, so much like his seemed to stare into my soul. "Shouldn't you be in school?".

I slowly shook my head at her. Trying to ignore the feeling of wanting to submit. I can feel it. Its like someone's got a knife to my throat and the closer she gets the more pressure I feel. Its the bond. Its my wolf's instinct to submit to her so Derek and I can be in the same pack.

If I bare my neck at her, I'm done for. I shivered. "S-somethings come up".

She hummed. "So I noticed."

Even breathing now was becoming hard. I slowly shook my head at her. "I-I'm going to h-help them".

She inhaled and looked out in the direction of what is my territory. "I can't let you do that. You see, if you step foot in that direction..". She indicated where we were both staring. "Then you'll break the feud".

I frowned. "No I won't".

She merley rose an eyebrow. "But you will. You'll step onto land that no longer belongs to you".

I opened and closed my mouth before turning to face her.

She was ever patient. If there's one word to describe Tahlia Hale then it'd be patient. But there's no room for agrument here, the longer I stare the harder it is not to bare my neck at her. If she's caught on to my internal struggle then she's given me the curtesy of not bringing it up.

She tipped her head to the side and sighed. "You promised me, that when you found your mate you would only ever accept his pack as your own. If you walk onto that land, you will break that promise. And you know what happens then".

I slowly shook my head at her. "B-but, how do I help them?".

She exhaled, as if this were merely obvious. I already felt a maternal instinct towards her, and I knew she felt something of the same caliber to me. As if I was a beta wolf she'd bitten herself. "You submit".