4

It didn't take long for the body to be found. Paige. The girl that was permanently attached to Hale's hip. It was her blood that was on my now clean shoes. I'd witnessed it, with absolutely no memory of it ever occurring. All thanks to Thalia Hale.

Beacon Hills is a small town, most of us have been in the same grade since kindergarten. And yet I doubt I'd ever actually spoken to her. Opposite social circles will do that, if I'm being honest I don't really branch out of the cheer squad. So I, like everyone else in my year was trying to move on, animal attacks to the humans were sadly normal. Yet I couldn't understand why. Literally what motivates would the Hales have for killing a fifteen year old girl?

I wondered if the Hale pack had similar rules to my own. Secrecy, perhaps she found out more than she should have. It still didn't justify the kill. Even my pack weren't that savage and we had a reputation for being ruthless when it came to punishment. 

But despite all that, I knew the real reason I couldn't get Paige's death out of mind was because Tahlia Hale, my greatest enemy let me live with the exception of erasing it from my memory. Something that just doesn't make sense.

It wasn't until the following week that Hale decided to grace us all with his presence. I had reveled in what had been a Derek Hale free two weeks. But alas all goods things have to end eventually and apparently that time was right now in the middle of math. 

To put it lightly, he looked like complete and utter shit. Which I guess is to be expected. A hush had fell instantly across the class. He didn't seem aware of all the eyes on him, or he simply chose to ignore it. Uncaring is how he was coming across. But he couldn't lie, not to me anyways. His heart was beating intensely, just slightly too fast to be at ease. It had me smirking from the back of the class.

As if he could somehow pinpoint my eyes on him over everyone else's, His eyes met my smirk with a glare of his own. Well at least I can always count on one Hale to hate me. I liked it, hating each other is normal, second nature and I was glad that despite the last full moon that hadn't changed. For some reason that had changed for Laura. 

She keeps watching me, I've caught her at it a few times but she hasn't stopped. It's not in malice, which is odd. She still hates my sister, and yet she watches me...almost protectively. It's not normal. She should hate me like her brother, I'm a Wood and she's a Hale therefore we should hate each other. But she doesn't, not since the last full moon, since I was on her territory, since I witnessed Paige's murder. Therefore she knows, she knows the reason why Tahlia let me live and it's enough for her to forget about the deadly feud and protect me. 

It makes sense after all Laura is Tahlia's second in command. Therefore she knows just slightly less than Tahlia and more than Derek it seems. It was the same in my pack too, my bother knew more about our fathers affairs then my sister and me. If I can somehow get Derek to find out from Laura, why Tahlia let me live then I may be able to sleep at night. My only problem with this plan is that Derek Hale is the worst person I've ever had the displeasure to meet. Not to mention I've never had a conversation with him that didn't end in a fight. 

He was exactly two rows in front of me and I was little intimidated. I didn't like the fact that my enemy knew something, that I once knew only for it to be taken away from me. And yeah it didn't help it involved his now dead girlfriend. I wondered if he was actually in the world or just stuck in his head. I could whisper to him, after all it's the best way to go in a crowded room such as this. But if he's stuck in stupid thick head then he won't hear me, all well there's no harm in trying...

"Pssst Hale". I prayed he heard me, although there's a 50/50 chance he won't reply just out of spite.

His head rose as if he was looking at the blackboard. Well he heard me.