7

For the rest of the day I had the feeling of being constantly watched. And I was right because every time I turned around; I'd find Hale just staring at me calculatingly. Whenever he'd catch my eye he'd smile, only for it to crumble every time I'd glare back at him. I didn't know what game he was playing but I'd rather just go back to verbal fighting than psychological torture. So, when the final bell rang, I was more than happy to get out of there.

When I crossed the boundary into my territory I felt as though I could really breathe for the first time today. "Avery, Avery wait!"

What the hell?!?

I turned around to find Derek Hale standing behind me and for the first time today he was wearing that cocky smirk that drove me insane. If I wasn't mistaken, I just heard him use my first name, we had never used our first names. Honestly, I'm shocked. What does he think he's doing stalking me all day?

I tipped my head in confusion. "Hale, I don't know what games you and your creepy uncle are playing at. But you need to stop because it's really starting to piss me off and if you don't sto-"

He inched closer to the boundary, his smirk never wavering. "What you'll tell your precious Alpha? Come on Avery are you really going to run home to daddy and cry to him about the mean boys at school" He was starting to get closer and his aura of confidence seemed to increase with every step.

I raised my eyebrow in caution at him. "Hale... I'm warning you; you better turn back right now!"

One more step and he was done for. Suddenly I knew what this was, he was testing me to see how far he could go before I snapped and attacked him. It had to be the answer otherwise he was just suicidal.

He shrugged casually. "Or what? you'll chop off my head, rip off my limbs, set me on fire" he was directly on the line now "...torture me?" he whispered.

I don't know how I missed it, but he was now directly in front of me, in my territory and he knew I was supposed to howl my lungs out for pack to kill him. Instead I found myself just staring at him because for some unknown reason, I couldn't get my wolf to howl. It was almost painful trying to fight it and the pain showed on face when it crumpled with the pain of fighting with my wolf.

Suddenly I felt his palm gently stroke my cheek and all that was going through my head was that this is so wrong. He was admittedly very attractive I mean he was Derek Hale, I wasn't blind.

"Why do you hate me?" He sounded so hurt by that one sentence. As if the thought of me hating him caused him physical pain.

I blinked maybe three times before responding. "What do you mean why do I hate you?!? You're a Hale!".

God! Why was he acting like a bigger air head then normal? I pushed him as hard as I could, so he landed back in no man's land. He stared up at me in utter shock. "Come into my territory again and I won't hesitate to call my pack to rip your throat out. The only reason I'm not is because your mother let me go once but now, I'm paying back the favour. So, tell your entire pack that we're even and for the bloody last time leave me alone!"

I ran straight to my house and up to my room and screamed into my pillow. Literally one the most confusing days in my entire life.

The next couple of days were uneventful, I continued with my life as normal the only missing component was that Hale was completely ignoring me. It seemed like he was actually taking my threat seriously. To which I have to say I really soaked up the peaceful life that was Hale free.

That is until today, which happened to be a full moon. Now I liked to think that I had a pretty good grip on it. I mean I can control it as long as no one does anything to piss me off which wasn't that likely it takes a bit to work me up. So, imagine my complete and utter surprise when I found myself losing control out of the blue in the middle of the woods on my way to the school pep rally.