17

I feel like I should tell someone. You know, just on the very likely assumption that I won't be making it back home after I go for a cup of tea.

But who would I tell?. What would I even say?!?. 

It's not like I can walk up to any member of my pack and just blurt out 'Tahlia Hale is blackmailing me' without getting attacked with questions and then literally attacked. First question would be why. And then I'd have no choice but to explain that I'm not only secretly dating her son but also crossed into her territory. In fairness to me though, she may only know of the latter if Peter only spilled the beans to Laura. However I have sickening hunch she knows.

So, not only have I broken the feud once to her knowledge but now twice. And to avoid my own pack finding out the exact same information that Tahlia knows I'm actually considering this tea.

Either way I'm dead. Tahlia out of the kindness of her heart let me go once after breaking the feud. But I doubt the alpha would let myself walk freely for a second time. And she's not. She's blackmailing me to go onto her land so her pack can gut me before mine can. If she spills to the emissary then my father will torture me to a pulp and only then would he be satisfied to hand off what's left off me to Tahlia.

Either way, whichever route I choose I always end at the hand of Tahlia Hale. Even if I pleaded to the emissary, whoever they were... they have no choice but to follow the rules of the feud to keep the peace. And that means handing me to their pack. Either way it definitely ends in my death and probably a potential war. Hopefully the emissary will remind both packs of what our ancestors signed and why.

Then there's the old run away idea. Of course I won't even make it to the next town over without my pack feeling a loss of connection and hunting me down. They'd ask why the fuck I'd abandon the pack and then I'd be punished. Add in the Hales being on the look out and it's a free for all. Let's not forget I'd be going up against countless mature wolves. Stronger, faster and more in tune to their senses. Also, if by some miracle I escaped Beacon Hills then I'd forever be on the run by ally packs. Packs sworn to either Tahlia or my father. So running isn't an option.

Needless to say I've fucked up. And I can't find a solution apart from clutching a pillow close to my chest while holding in sobs. Because god help me if someone heard my sobs and asked me why I'm crying!.

A slight knock from my door had me rising my head to stare at in fear. The door creaked open to reveal my father. Small sad smile, whilst he casually leant against my doorframe in a black suit. He tipped his head at me. "Want to talk about it?".

YES!. But I can't...he's my alpha. He wouldn't understand. I sniffed and shook my head. But then I sobbed. Which caused him to wince and run a hand through his hair. Being my alpha means he can sense when a member of his pack is in distress. Or in my case, about to combust emotionally. 

He's not the softest parent for obvious reasons but he's better then mother when it comes to this sort of stuff. He sighed and sat on the end of my bed. "I can't help if you don't talk to me". He gave me a small smile. 

He sighed. "Is it about turning sixteen and finding a mate?. You know, being me I can put in a good word to any alpha and you can stay with us until you're twenty one if you really wanted to". 

It was sweet. And by the knowing look at his face I knew he meant force instead of talk. Sweet, and totally against the law of our kind. I smiled, I guess being the daughter of the highest ranked alpha in the country counts for something. I don't think I've ever appreciated him this much before. And then I hugged him.

I can't remember the last time I ever did. "Thank you".

He paused momentarily before hugging me back. I never thought my father would break the laws of our kind for me. It was a relief, that if I found my mate I wouldn't be forced to leave straight away by my pack, no my family.

He nodded before kissing my cheek and leaving my room. And while I did feel some pressure release I'm still weighed down by the thought of Tahlia. Who I can't at all figure out. But I love her son. That's the one thing I do know. I love Derek Hale and it's that kind of love that'll get me killed if it hasn't already. And, to protect my family from the danger and threat of war that I've unknowingly put on them, I'm going to join her for that cup of tea.

A/N:

This chapter is a bit shorter and kind of a filler chapter. But I promised that I'd post a chapter this week along with a few of my other books so here it is. Should get to the confrontation in the next chapter!