6

By day five I was beyond bored. I was stuck on the couch watching the notebook for what seemed like the fifth time this week.

My parents were on one couch openly whispering in ear others ears like teenagers. It almost made me gag, just because they were whispering didn't stop the old supernatural hearing.

Anna was sitting next me and was fully engrossed in the movie. It was her pick and I nearly screamed when she picked the notebook, again.

I sighed sort of loudly causing Anna to whip her head towards me with a glare. I poked my tongue at her.

My father chuckled at our exchange before going back to attacking my mother with kisses while she giggled up a storm. My parents and grandparents were mates and sometimes it's just so hard to be around them. I heard Tahlia's mate died from hunters. No one really talked about it. Most wolves go insane when they lose a mate, most choose to become omegas. But not her, It's one of the reasons she was so respected. She'd lost her mate and somehow it made her wiser, not crazy. Its practically unheard of but demonstrated her strength and the strength of her pack.

"I'm bored" I muttered.

Anna glared at me again. "Well then find something else to do"

I stared at the ceiling in frustration. "But I don't have anything else to do".

My mum hummed in thought. "I know, your grandmother would love some company in the kitchen".

If I could glare at my mother I would, but it's not smart to glare at someone's mate when they're in the room. Especially if that someone happens to be an Alpha.

I groaned. "But she always says I mess everything up"

Anna snorted. "That's because you burn everything, if you're helping with dinner then I'm not eating it".

Damn she's painful, I just need some air. "I'm going to go for a walk"

I stood ready to leave before my dad got up from the couch and gave me a warning look. "If you do, you stick to our territory. You stay out of any neutral territory and if you smell any unfamiliar scents then you fall back. I mean it Avery. We can't afford a war with all these packs here, we're out numbered."

I nodded at him and half walked, half run out of the house. As soon as I shut the door behind me, I was running. I knew I had to be careful especially today, the day of the actual ceremony. I had been running for a little over an hour before I stopped short. I was nearly at the boundary line. I was maybe ten foot away from hale territory, just five trees away. I should be running in the completely other direction, but I was suddenly hit with this funny feeling.

It was like it was on the tip of my tongue, but I wasn't able to recognise what it was. I just knew it was important, something important was in their territory something that called to all my senses. It didn't make any sense, especially because last week lying on the boundary line and crossing seemed like it'd tear me in half. What changed?

I heard a rustle in the distance, Laura and Peter-the-creeper emerged from a few trees in the distance. I glared at the sky in annoyance, just great.

They stopped just behind the invisible line; I could sense they hadn't crossed but they were close. They were staring at me with identical smirks on their faces. I suddenly got a sick feeling like they knew something that I didn't.

The creeper aimed his smirk at me. "Looks like the puppy strayed too far from her den"

I rose my eyebrow at him. "I could say the same for you. You're closer to my territory then I am to yours".