31

Math is exhausting.

It wouldn't be so hard if Derek wasn't in my class. His scent as intoxicating as it is, is all I can smell. It makes me want to feel our hands together. I don't even know when hand holding became such a kink of mine. But I feel like ever since I saw him today its all that'll stop my heart from ripping out of my chest and walking up to him. 

Its not uncommon for young newly mated wolves to be overly infatuated with eachother. That need to touch I felt before can be more prevalent  in some she-wolves. I guess I'm now apart of that statistic. Its pathetic...and well who knows if Derek wants a clingy mate?.

Supernatural bond would stop him complaining though. I bit my lip. Speaking of complaining. That pack he belongs to. Only now they're my pack too. Thalia's voice filtered through my head:

Death, destruction and famine that forever follows you

How long do I have until that starts to follow me around?!?. Not that death doesn't already follow me around. The thought of Aaron's face was enough to have me shuddering in my seat. I tusked and stared down at my paper. 

I inhaled more of his scent and tried not to do anything rash. Like attempt to mark him infront of every human on the planet!.

Idiot

And the hurt on his face...I still can't shake it. I stared at my desk and sighed. "D-derek?".

Seated near the front, he contniued to fill out his answers but I still heard his silent "Yeah...?".

I paused. "When you first found out, were you disappointed?".

"Only disappointed you didn't love me back".

I could literally hear the smirk on his face. And I'll admit it did ease some concerns. I think in the end I'm glad I didn't know. It gave me the opportunity to decide without some supernatural force that I love him. Now, its all just heightened. That love has expanded ten-fold. I sighed. "I love you now, and I loved you then".

It was silent for a minute or too. The sound of endless pencil scratches until I heard a faint. "I know".

It had me blushing from three rows away. 

Although, can I join a pack that I know has to be the root cause of Aaron's death. It wasn't us. So it has to be them. And as much as I love and will kill to protect him, what if I need to protect him from his own pack?.

To do that I'd have to join. I shook my head and whispered. "Join my pack".

I immediately wanted to take it back. 

He chuckled. "Join my pack".

I huffed. "I don't trust your pack".

I heard him tusk. "Well, I definetly don't trust your pack."

I frowned. "I don't think you're safe in your pack".

He paused and sniggered. "Right. Because its my pack that kills children in the dead of night".

I nodded, knowing full well he was being sarcastic. "We didn't do it".

He sighed and I saw him hang his head in frustration. "I know you believe that. But someone in your pack is responsible. Our pack is giving yours twenty-four hours to own up to it".

I snapped my pencil. Causing most people's heads to turn in my direction. His included. His green eyes softened while mine harded.  I scoffed deliberatly loud at him, ignoring his 'what the fuck' look, before collecting my stuff and walking out of the classroom.