1

To tell you the truth I couldn't pinpoint the exact moment I fell in love with Derek Hale. They say the line between love and hate is so fine that its near impossible to see and I have never believed that until now. You see I have hated Derek Hale from the moment I first saw him. His last name was Hale and that's literally all I needed to know.

The Hales and the Woods have been feuding since the two rival packs co-founded the town of Beacon Hills. Two powerful Alphas in close proximity was the root cause of  tension between our two packs. Both packs wanted the most power and neither Alpha would step down so in the late 1700's a feud started. The feud is the reason why the Hale's and the Wood's can't stand each other, like Capulets and Montagues only with supernatural werewolf like abilities. 

Needless to say, over the years there has been many deaths on both sides of the packs. Wars over territories in Beacon Hills during the 1890's had gotten to the point of killing wolves on sight if they were from the rival pack. This nearly exposed our kind to the humans on several occasions. 

Therefore, it was decided to quote 'keep the peace and the secret of what we are', both packs would share one Emissary and divide the town 50/50. The town circle is the only neutral territory in the town and has the core foundations being the school, hospital, sheriff's station and local shopping mall. If any member of the rival pack was to step foot or paw in another's territory, then that pack had free will with the'betrayer of peace'. 

Wolves who crossed the treaty line were normally killed to demonstrate the packs power and strength over one another, as for wolves there is no greater pain then losing a pack member. As far as I know the last wolf to have crossed the treaty line was John Hale in 1934 who was swiftly beheaded no questions asked. My grandfather still seems satisfied whenever its brought up during family reunions (he's sick in the head but that's family, you can't pick them).

Hence, the feud was the reason behind why I hated Derek Hale with a passion. We were both in the same grade at school and our rivalry knew no bounds. Apart from expressing my hatred of Derek I had never really been significantly involved in the feud. I had never killed a Hale, never disrespected their Alpha or ventured into their territory. Because you know I'm sane and actually value my life.

However, I'm currently trying to out run a bunch of hunters who are really narrowing in on me and my only two options right now are climbing a tree or running directly into the Hale's territory. This tree is literally the smallest I've ever seen, and they'd be able to aim an arrow at my head no problems even if I was at the top. But If I was to venture into Hale territory I'd disrespect Thalia Hale, become a 'betrayer of peace', Basically handing myself over to the Hale's on a silver platter and my pack aren't allowed to try and save me once I cross. 

So, my options are either climb the tree and die now. Or I enter Hale territory and die slightly later. It's in moments like these where I really can't help but blame my friends for dragging me to a party on a full moon. Granted they don't know I'm werewolf and I could've said no and not taken the short cut through the reserve to my house, but I think sometimes it's easier to blame others for my misfortunes. 

Well shit, right now I'm basically already dead. Honestly if it wasn't for all the packs being here and some naive beta killing a hunter, I wouldn't be currently dodging the Argent's arrows. Another arrow flew right past and nipped me on the ear and that was it, fuck it I'm going in.

My breath hitched as I stepped foot into Hale territory and officially signed my own death sentence. I doubt the hunters realized that I didn't fear them as much as I did ten seconds ago. I'll take a hundred arrows and electrocution any day over whatever Thalia Hale will do to me when she catches me.