13

I awoke eager for school. I didn't care like I normally would as Anna rattled on about Aaron. Infact, I felt almost giddy. And well that feeling you get when you do something wrong, knowing its wrong but you do it anyway. Rebellion?... I guess in this case it's more of a death wish.

"..and I mean it's almost endearing that he's failing math. Poor thing tried so hard too but I guess now it's just an excuse to spend more time together".

I nodded absentmindely. "That's nice".

Anna sighed longingly next to me. "It is. I do make an excellent tutor. Anyways it means you'll have to find your own".

I blinked as I actually registered what she'd just said. I growled lightly. "You're not going to tutor me anymore?!?. But I'll fail and father will kill me, or mother. Maybe both!, Anna you can't just blow me off".

She scoffed. "Get Alec to tutor you".

I huffed in anger. Alec always gets frustrated with me, and then I wolf out as a result. "Whatever".

She rolled her eyes at me as she pulled into the school parking lot. She turned to me about to speak before I cut her off with a scoff. "Let me guess, no ride home because of Aaron?".

She gave me a deadpan look before her face instantly brightened. I sighed and turned behind me to find Aaron leaning against the side of the car. Great. just great. I huffed and opened the door, deciding to ignore my sister. 

As I stepped out of the car my eyes swept over Aaron in disapproval . He nodded at me with a small smile. "Avery".

I tusked and muttered. "Aaron". Or should I say, potential threat to the feud that could cost Anna her life...not that I'm one to talk with what I'm about to do. I side stepped him and made my way up to the main building.

I quickly made my way to my locker, leaning against it while watching everyone that entered the school. It was faint, like a trickle but it got stronger. Pine, musk and some other scent I couldn't place. Derek entered, his sister by his side. Fuck....I hadn't accounted for Laura.  

Oh screw it! I'll pretend I'm angry at him to drive away suspicion. "Hale, we need to talk".

His head instantly whipped up, hazel eyes connected with my grey ones from across the hall. A smirk made it's way onto his face. Laura smiled at Derek, Her eyes looking at me in curiosity before she whispered in his ear something I couldn't hear. I frowned. I should've been able to hear that. Without even a final glance he joined her side and walked away. Away from me. My mouth opened in shock..What the actual fuck was that?!?

I instantly started pushing aside people in effort to follow them, to follow him. I followed his scent, suprisingly finding it super easy. As if it was suddenly ten times stronger than everyone else's. Up two flights of stairs, past two classrooms and near a bloom closet. Until I was standing before the two of them. 

They were both smirking at me, Derek looked close to elated. Laura winked at him and muttered. "Told you".  

I felt myself frown again as it obviously had to do with me, but my frustration took over. "I said I needed to talk with you, have you suddenly gone deaf?!?".

Laura chuckled at me before turning to Derek with a small smile. "Have fun". She then walked off, leaving me alone with Derek.

He still had that smirk on his face that drove me insane. I sighed in releif. "Thank god, I thought she'd never leave". And before he could even retort, I'd grapped his neck and pulled him down so his lips connected with mine. 

Instantly I felt what I'd been looking for. Control and a bit of...dare I say passion. Derek wasted no time in responding. One hand had automatically went for my waist while the other crept up my arm and cupped my cheek. 

"Ah-hem". A fake cough had me opening my eyes in panic. I swallowed and pushed Derek off me. He instantly growled and his eyes were blue. However it wasn't aimed at me but rather the Creeper.

Peter was leaning casually against the wall off the broom closet, a knowing smirk on his face. While Derek's heart rate was steady mine was out of control. Dead. I'm literally dead. 

Peter shrugged at me. "Oh, you can calm that erratic heartbeat of yours runt. I won't tell anyone".

I scoffed. "How comforting". But according to his heartbeat he isn't lying. 

He smirked. "Why, don't you trust me like you trust Derek?".

Derek growled at him in warning. He waved him off. "Oh relax I just thought I'd check up on my favourite nephew. Making sure you're not putting yourself or anyone else in danger". He tusked. "Tahlia told you not to".

I'm confused. What did he do?. Well apart from breaking the feud with me...oh fuck. I bit my lip in panic. "I-it was me".

Peter and Derek broke their stare down and stared down at me in confusion. I sighed in fear. "I kissed him. So, maybe if you tell her that she won't". I paused my hand holding tightly onto Derek's. "punish him too badly".

Peter's cockiness faltered, his face turning between soft and sympathetic. "We don't punish wolves in our pack like in your own."

I nodded. I was aware of that, their pack isn't run by fear. But after my punishment last week I couldn't help but feel petrified. I felt soft lips linger on my forehead, causing me close my eyes and focus on the feeling. I suddenly felt more relaxed. With a little smile, Derek nodded at me before turning to Peter with a fierce glare. "Leave, before I make you".

He raised his hands up in mock surrender. "Fine". He turned to leave but stopped and smirked at me again. "Not too long until you're not a runt anymore, right? What is it, four or three weeks now?".

I glared at him. "Six". 

He nodded to himself in mock thought. "Six weeks, allot can happen in six weeks don't you think Derek?".

I felt his hand grip my shoulder and pull me in closer to him, his eyes trained on Peter as if he were prey. "Leave, I won't tell you again".

Peter eyed the two of us knowingly. I felt a bit relieved that Derek wouldn't be punished but I can't say the same about my own pack. I kissed Derek Hale and we've been caught. If he tells...it's a death sentence.