You/Annie Leonhart - Loyal

It was strange to say that Annie was content with her life in Paradis. She had you and she was genuinely happy for the first time in years. It surprised Bertolt and Reiner to see her so happy and they would've been happy for her if her happiness didn't come from being with you. They had a mission to complete and they couldn't afford any distractions. 

The three of them met in a secluded area of the forest to avoid anyone overhearing their conversation. 

"What is it? What's so important that it couldn't wait?"

"We're concerned, Annie. We don't think you're entirely focused on our mission. You're distracted."

"Distracted?" She looks between Reiner and Bertolt, scoffing when Bertolt can't even meet her eye. "I'm the one actually going out and investigating while the two of you are sitting on your asses. You can't even go out and investigate anything because the two of you idiots thought it would be a good idea to be friends with them. Now you can't even disappearing without someone asking for you."

"At least we're not sleeping with the devils!"

Bertolt's eyes widen and quickly puts himself between the two before Annie knocks him out. 

"Quit it! We're not going to get anywhere with this mission if we're just pointing fingers are each other. It doesn't matter who does what as long as we find what we're looking for."

"Whatever. I don't need the two of you anyways. You're always screwing things up. I'll do this on my own."

"You need us, Annie. You can't do it all on your own. Don't you want to bring back (y/n) with us?"

"Don't you dare say her name again. She is not part of this."

"You made her a part of this when you decided it was a good idea to fall in love with her."

Again, Bertolt stands in her way to stop her from beating him up. 

"We're done her. I'll talk to him, Annie. We won't get in your way."

She doesn't say as she pushes him off of her and makes her way back to the cabins. 

X

Things returned to normal soon after. Bertolt and Reiner left Annie to their own devices as they completed their part of the mission. 

"Gear up! They need us at Trost!" Annie couldn't believe what she was hearing. Going back to Trost was a death wish. Titans had overrun the city. "Annie! Come on, we need to gear up." You frowned as Annie didn't make an attempt to move. "Annie!"

"What? What's going on?"

"Eren is going to patch the hole in Trost. We need to go." You move to head back to your room but she stops you as she grabs your hand. "What is it?" You raised your eyebrows in surprise when you saw her holding back tears. "Annie, what's wrong?"

"I just...wanted to tell you that I love you, (y/n). Whatever happens, I just want you to know that you're everything to me."

You can't help but laugh awkwardly, unsure of what to think. The mission was supposed to be simple, they were only overreacting with the manpower to make sure that Eren succeed. 

"What's going on Annie? You're scaring me."

Annie didn't know what to say without revealing what was troubling her. 

"I'm just afraid. Trost is meant to be overrun by titans."

You pull her into a tight hug, kissing her softly when she pulls back. It was rare for Annie to admit she was scared. She was the one always comforting you.