You/Mikasa Ackerman - Break Part 1

You looked up at the two men, hating how they towered over you. They made you feel so small and insignificant. 

"Do you really think that you're the best choice for Mikasa?"

"W..What?"

"You heard me. You can barely hold your own when we go out in expeditions. She always has to come in and rescue your ass. You're holding her back, (y/n)."

"I can take care of myself, Eren. I don't need Mikasa to rescue me."

"No? Then let me remind you about our latest expedition where a titan had almost grabbed you from behind. If Mikasa hadn't been passing through, he would've killed you."

You glared at him, hating how he had brought it up. You had only gotten distracted because you were searching for him. You had been put in charge of making sure that he made it through the forest without transforming. The little shit had taken off as soon as the two of you were away from the formation. 

"That was only because you took off! I was searching for you."

"Don't blame Eren for your mistakes. You're supposed to always be aware of your surroundings. It's not his fault that you weren't doing so."

"Shut the fuck Armin. You can't say shit when you let Eren get killed all those years ago."

He took a step forward and you took a step back. The way they were looking at you made it seem like they were planning on killing you. You felt so stupid for letting them lead you away from the headquarters. There wasn't anyone around that you could call for help. 

"That was years ago. That's in the past. Don't you know better than bringing up things like that. Mikasa wouldn't be happy if she heard you say that."

"Whatever. It's clear that the two of you want something. What the fuck do you want? I have better things to do than being harassed by the two of you."

"We're just looking out for Mikasa. You can't blame us for doing so."

"Eren's right. You can't seriously think that you're a perfect match for Mikasa. She's an Ackerman and you're nothing."

"Why does that even matter? Mikasa doesn't care."

"That's what you think. When you're not around, she's always talking about how she wished you were a little stronger."

"You're lying! Mikasa wouldn't say that."

"Why would we lie about that? We have nothing to gain from telling you this. Believe it or not, we care about you too. We don't want you to get hurt when Mikasa eventually tells you."

You knew Armin was lying to you. Everyone thought he was such a kind person but you could see how much of a manipulative asshole that he was. 

"I don't need to hear this. We're done here."

"We tried to warn you!"

X

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Eren and Armin weren't lying. Not wanting to hear their conversation any longer, you rushed to your room. 

"Did you guys hear that?"

"Hm? No. Must've been the wind or something."

Mikasa turned around to hear where they noise had come from. When she doesn't' find anything, she faces them again. 

"Why are you even asking about her training?"

"We were just curious. We'll let you go now."

X

The day was finally over and Mikasa had yet to see you around. You hadn't met her for dinner or any of the training sessions. It wasn't like you to miss either of them and it made her a little worried. The only reason why she hadn't gone out to look for you is because Armin and Eren ended up distracting her. Once night fell, they finally stopped bothering her. 

"(y/n)? Are you okay? What happened?" Mikasa eventually finds you laying down on your bed, simply just staring at the ceiling. It was concerting to see you like this. You hadn't even glanced at her when she walks in. "(y/n)?"

"What are you doing here, Mikasa?"

She's surprised to hear your tone of voice. It lacked the usual warmth she was used to hearing when you talked to her. 

"I'm worried. You missed dinner and our training session. Here, I stole a tray from the kitchen."

"I don't want it. I'm not hungry or in the mood to be tossed around like a rag doll. Give it to Sasha."

Mikasa frowns, unsure of why you were acting like this. 

"Did I do something to upset you?"

You couldn't help but let out laugh at her question. 

"No. I'm upset with myself for being so stupid."

"(y/n), what's going on? Why are you acting like this?"

"I don't know Mikasa. You tell me. Why don't you go ahead and tell me that I'm weak, pathetic and if it wasn't for you, I would be dead."

"What are you talking about? Why are you saying things like that? I would never say that about you?"

"No? You're a shitty liar."

Mikasa had enough. She wasn't going to sit there and listen to you continue to insult her. 

"You know what? Come find me when you're done acting like a baby. I don't know what's making you act like this but I hope you snap out of it."

She stood up and headed to walk out of the room. 

"Yeah? Then don't bother waiting for me to come find you. We're over."

You don't bother to turn around when you hear the tray fall. 

"What?"

"We're over. You're welcome. You have one less person to worry about. Close the door when you leave."

This wasn't you. Mikasa refused to believe that you meant what you had said.

"You don't mean that..."

"I do, Mikasa. This is for the best. I don't want to be a burden anymore."

She doesn't say anything as she walks out of your room, slamming the door shut. When she's finally gone, you let your tears fall. This was for the good of everyone. You wouldn't be a burden to her anymore and she can entirely focus on keeping everyone else safe.