You/Ymir - Heather

TW: Talks about suicide and death

AN: Ymir is not a titan

I still remember the third of December, me in your sweaterYou said it looked better on me than it did youOnly if you knew how much I liked you

You said it looked better on me than it did you
Only if you knew how much I liked you

You and Ymir were thick as thieves. Growing up without any parents, the two of you depended on each other to keep each other safe until you could join the Cadet Corp. Both of you always dreamed of living a better life and that would be only possibly by signing up to the military.

Through the years, you had slowly fallen for your friend. She wasn't perfect but she was perfect to you. There were many times that you wanted to tell her before joining the military but you never worked up the courage to do so. You were always afraid of ruining the friendship you had with Ymir so you kept quiet about it.

But I watch your eyes as sheWalks by
What a sight for sore eyes
Brighter than the blue sky
She's got you mesmerised while I die

After joining the cadet corp, Ymir had met Krista. You could right away that it was love at first sight for Ymir when she laid her eyes on her. Whenever Krista was around, Ymir was a different person. She was much happier. Happier than she had ever been with you.

The more Krista spent time with Ymir, the less the two of you spent time with each other. You were okay with knowing that she was in love with someone else but you couldn't take not being able to spend time with her. It killed you.

If Ymir hadn't been too focused on Krista, she would've noticed how much you had changed. You weren't the same person she had come to know.

Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better
Wish I were Heather

You were absolutely devastated when you stumbled into witnessing them kiss. From what you had seen, it hadn't been their first. Before they could spot you, you ran away.

In the safety of your bunk, you hid under the covers and cried yourself to sleep. You had hoped your dreams would help you forget about what you had seen but the image of their kiss would keep replaying in your mind. You ended up waking up in the middle of the night, unable to return to sleep.

The nights after the event, sleeping was impossible. People noticed but you always dismissed their concern. They would consider you pathetic if you told them that you were losing sleep because you kept imaging Ymir and Krista kiss.

The only thing that allowed you to sleep was imaging yourself in Krista's place. It was wrong of you to be wishful thinking but if you didn't, you were never going to sleep from the image that kept haunting you.

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand
Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder
But how could I hate her, she's such an angel

The two of them eventually came out to the rest of the cadets. You tried to be happy for them after seeing how happy Ymir was but you couldn't do it. You wanted to hate Historia but it was also impossible. She was a literal angel and she wasn't at fault for the fact that Ymir didn't return your feelings.

But then again, kinda wish she were dead as sheWalks by
What a sight for sore eyes
Brighter than the blue sky
She's got you mesmerised while I die

You might not hate Historia but you often thought about her death. With her out of the way, Ymir could be yours but you knew that Ymir would never return your feelings.

It pained you to see how in love and you often thought that death would solve your problems. There was no point in living in such a cruel world if the person that you loved was destined for someone else. You had no family nor could you see yourself building a future with anyone else other than Ymir.

Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better
I wish I were Heather
Oh, I wish I were Heather
Oh, oh, wish I were Heather

Even if there was something you could do to break them up, Ymir would still be in love with Historia. It was obvious that the two of them were destined to be together. As much as you wished to be Historia so the two of you could be together, it was never going to happen. Ymir's heart was only for Historia and no one else.

Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better
Wish I were-

Without thinking twice about the consequences of your actions, you tackled Historia and covered her body with yours as the man shot at her. You fall on the floor with a loud thud as the man's throat is quickly slit.

"You idiot! You could've been hurt! Why would you do that?"

Getting off of Historia, you rolled yourself to the floor as you looked up at her yelling at you. You laughed as Ymir exploded at you. Your laugh just makes her angrier as she calls you all the names in the book for being an idiot and doing something so dangerous.

"Ymir...Ymir...Ymir!"

Ymir's finally turns to face Historia after she had tried getting her attention for a while.

"What? I was in the middle of a lecture."

"Then save it. She's hurt!"

Historia tells her while she quickly hurries to deal with the bullet wound. From the blood that you had lost, you knew there was no chance for you to live. Just the thought of it made you smile. Your had gotten your wish for your death to be an act of love. You had saved Historia and the two of them would hopefully be able to build a future together.

"Stop. I'm not going to make it. Save those for when someone is actually wounded."

"Don't say that! You're going to live!"

Ymir joins Historia at her side as the two of them continued to work on stopping the bleeding. While they worked to save you, you kept your eyes on Ymir. You took her hand in yours, stopping her from continuing to work. She tried to get back to help Historia but you still surprisingly had strength.

"I'm not and that's okay. I've always wanted for my cause of death to be because I saved someone. I can't think of a better way than dying as a hero..."

Ymir was unable to stop her tears from falling as she watched you skin get paler from the loss of blood. It was just a matter of time before you passed.

"You can't leave. You promised we were always going to be there for one another!"

You give her a small smile after giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"You have Historia now. She'll be there for you."

"I need you too! You're my best friend! Please!"

You're not able to respond as your time had run out. Ymir cried even harder when she watched you take your last breath. All Historia could do was sit by her side as Ymir refused to let you go.

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Hitch D... - Joke

Petra ... - Guilt Part 2

Mikasa Ackerman - Warrior

Yelena - Mission

Ymir/Historia Reiss - Flowers

------------