You/Historia Reiss - Away

Forced to spend years in her castle, you had memorized every single hallway and exit in case you ever had a chance to leave. After years of constantly being watched, she had made the mistake of trusting you to be left you alone for a minute and that's all you needed to escape.  You had no plan to escape other than to run for you life. It didn't matter it you died in your attempt, you just couldn't stand to be with her anymore. 

You ran as fast as you could, making sure to use the trees for cover to avoid being seen by her guards. It would've been a good idea to steal their gear but it was too late to go back. You were ahead of them all by a few minutes and you needed all the time you could get to find somewhere to hide until you came up with a better plan.

X

Historia had been furious when she learned about your escape but now she was amused. She found it funny that you would think you had a chance to survive without her. There weren't any titans in Mitras but you had no food, water or shelter. Eventually you would come back crawling to her with an apology. However, considering how stubborn you were, Historia knew she would have to drag you back herself before you ever admitted how stupid you had been for escaping. She had all her guards on alert and called in the military police to help in your search. She didn't care how excessive it was to search for you, all that matters was that you returned home. The gates of Mitras had been closed so there wasn't a lot of ground to cover in your search. It was only a matter of time before her men found you. 

X

It took you 3 days to come up with a half-assed plan to leave the city. You would wait until one of the wealthy citizens decided to visit the outer citizens so you could hide in one of their carriages to sneak past the guards at the checkpoint. 

"Papers please."

The man hands him the papers of his family as another guard starts questioning him about why he was leaving the city. You could hear another guard circling around the carriage and it made you panic. You held your breath and hoped that they would just let the man and his family pass through. 

Just as they grab the edge of the blanket that you were hiding in, you jump off and make a run for the gate. There wasn't anyone on the other end and it seemed like you would be able to pass before they closed the gate until one of the officers grabbed your arm and pulled you back. 

"Not so fast. You're not going anymore."

You struggled against his grip, refusing to give up as you were so close to your freedom. 

"Please! Just let me go! I can't go back!"

The man had no mercy, not even sparing you a glance as he dragged you to a carriage. 

"Sorry. Queen's orders. I'm supposed to take you back. It's not my business to be in hers. I just follow orders."

You started to cry, hoping to get some sympathy from the other guards but none of them cared. If they did, they didn't say anything. They were afraid of what the queen would do if they disobeyed orders. 

X

"(y/n)! I was so afraid that someone must've taken you. You wouldn't have run away on your own right? I give you everything that you need. There's no reason for you to leave." You refused to look up at her, choosing to stare at the floor. Historia sighs as she climbs down from her throne and makes her way up to you. She hated being ignored. Bending down, she grips your chin tightly and forces you to look up. "I'm only doing this to protect you, (y/n). Why would you want to leave me?"

"Because you're fucking crazy..."

She slapped you hard enough to make your head turn. Just like the pervious times where she had hurt you, she starts to apologize and fusses over you. 

"I'm sorry, (y/n), but you deserved that. You can't call me crazy for wanting to keep you safe. I love you and I refuse to let another person I love to die. You understand, right? I do love you."

"I stopped loving you the moment that you hurt me, Historia."

You hated seeing how cold her stare had gotten. They used to be so full of love and kindness. It made you sad to see her like this. 

She gives you a smile that was anything but sweet as kisses you. 

"Don't be silly. You still love me just like I love you."